Hey guys, trying to work out a decent classic rock / maybe even blues tone out of my Jackson DKMG. I'm about ready to add a brass sustain brick, new blocks, and a tremel-no pretty soon. The sound isn't really what I'm that into though. I'm thinking SD SH-2(neck) and a SD TB-4(Bridge), maybe?
Examples by the way, are like, a Randy Rhoads-ish type; (I play with a lot of mids), or try some very awkward looking single coils in it for a bluesy-strat. tone?

The pickups I choose will probably decide on the amp I get. I'm playing through a JCM 800 right now though.

No modern metal suggestions please, I already have EMG's in my other guitar.

Thanks
i think rhoads used dimarzio super distortions in the bridges of his guitars. not 100% on that, but i've definitely heard that in more than one place. possibly a PAF in the neck. i LOVE the super distortion, too. so i think it's a win-win it'll be close to what he actually used AND it's guaranteed to sound killer even if it's not.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Did he really? I was thinking it was some PAF-type for the longest time. I'm too used to actives and single coils...lol, so I'm pretty much clueless here.
Thanks man , I'm ordering

Edit: A set
Quote by MannyC2107
Hey guys, trying to work out a decent classic rock / maybe even blues tone out of my Jackson DKMG. I'm about ready to add a brass sustain brick, new blocks, and a tremel-no pretty soon. The sound isn't really what I'm that into though. I'm thinking SD SH-2(neck) and a SD TB-4(Bridge), maybe?
Examples by the way, are like, a Randy Rhoads-ish type; (I play with a lot of mids), or try some very awkward looking single coils in it for a bluesy-strat. tone?

The pickups I choose will probably decide on the amp I get. I'm playing through a JCM 800 right now though.

No modern metal suggestions please, I already have EMG's in my other guitar.

Thanks

No they won't - amp first, then pickups.
Pickups don't make any sound on their own so how can you possibly choose them first?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No they won't - amp first, then pickups.
Pickups don't make any sound on their own so how can you possibly choose them first?

Simple, I'm not going to buy a Strat with Texas Specials with, lets say a 6505? Also, no EMGs on a Fender. Those are common sense. I plan on testing the amp with the new pickups, to see what works best.
So no, the amp is not first in this case.
That still makes no sense.

You choose the amp first because that's what's creating the bulk of the tone - the pickups are just going to tweak it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com