I'm sure many people have posted crap like this but I'm really not too read up on the exciting world of boutique amps. I'd appreciate some input on the subject.

Ok, here's the qualifications:

Single channel, I run the gain way up, mids 3/4 and roll my guitar's volume down for clean tones. Don't need reverb, or an effects loop, I go straight in. High enough gain to play metal, like say slayer, without any pedals . 50 watts, all tube. Less than $1200.

What would you recommend?
I am a vagabond, a playboy of the western world!
Marshall JCM?

Maybe a Laney head?
Paul Gilbert uses single channel Laney heads and gets a nice distortion. Cleans up too when rolling back the volume.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Last edited by soul.power at Nov 17, 2009,
They Laney GH50L sounds right for you.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
just did some googlin'. sounds to be a killer amp, only problem is there seems to be no store in Phoenix that sell the goddamn things...
You're best bet is to look at used gear. More bang for your buck. These were all posted in the last week in your area. I may not have met all of your criteria but this is what I would be doing if I were you.

Mesa Boogie Dual Cal DC-5 $1,000 (references a 212 cab too?)
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/1468942347.html

Marshall JCM900 half stack $900
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1468430549.html

Marshall JCM800 2210 head $900
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/msg/1467005885.html

Orange AD30 head $1250
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1463578964.html

Mesa Boogie Nomad combo $750
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/1461421654.html

Mesa Single Rec head $900
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1459109908.html

VHT Pittbull head $895
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/1458353605.html

Hughs & Kettner Switchblade combo $850
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/1449012234.html

Krank Chadwick 50 head $800
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1437277366.html

Quote by CatharsisStudio
Krank Rev Jr or a 5150 or a used fireball

+1

also peavey xxx or look at the bugeras.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
These were all posted in the last week in your area.

ooookay. Creepy, party of one...
Quote by Banshee Red

Idiot, he's trying to help you.

If you don't want his help, don't make him feel stupid. Just say thanks and ignore it.

Nice way to come into UG.

On a related note, Gilbert uses Vintage Modern combos now.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Banshee Red

You think that's creepy... You wouldn't believe the places iPhones allow you to surf the web from...

The bushes by your front window.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
um... ok, thanks for your help i'll get right on that. I-phone guy, please get a life.
Quote by Banshee Red
um... ok, thanks for your help i'll get right on that. I-phone guy, please get a life.

I don't have time I'm too busy with my li... Oh wait...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Banshee Red
I'm sure many people have posted crap like this but I'm really not too read up on the exciting world of boutique amps. I'd appreciate some input on the subject.

Ok, here's the qualifications:

Single channel, I run the gain way up, mids 3/4 and roll my guitar's volume down for clean tones. Don't need reverb, or an effects loop, I go straight in. High enough gain to play metal, like say slayer, without any pedals . 50 watts, all tube. Less than $1200.

What would you recommend?

Baron MIL60

can do a Vintage crunch up to modern br00tz
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'd just like to point out that $1200 most likely won't get you a boutique amp above 5-10 watts.
I would suggest you to look for a used Marshall JCM 800 2203KK.

Single channel and enough gain for Slayer (which is pretty obvious), not sure if you could get cleans out of it though.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
See if you can track down a Peavey Butcher or VTM, which is the modern version of the Butcher and Peavey's answer to the JCM800. Probably cheaper, and they look badass.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
jcm800 2204

and next time someone helps you out via craigslist, thank them and take their advice dick
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
You know, you're a real dick to the people that you ask for advice and who are trying to help you by finding deals IN YOUR AREA.

Before you ask for advice again, clean up your attitude. Nobody wants to help a prick.

*reported*
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Nov 17, 2009,
The real sad part is I bumped this thread off the 3rd page as it was sailing off into the sunset of oblivion.

Besides, he's the one that mentioned Phoenix.

TS - ask MatrixClaw what his opinion is. I'm sure he'd be happy to 'help'.
TS -There's tons of info available to you on the web, and you've pretty well pissed off most of us here, so maybe its time you learn to do your own research... If you can't tell 311 is a very helpful, and very well liked guy around here.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Eh, I don't think the OP understood what you guys were doing for him. Don't be so hard on him.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Well if you read the listings were just examples, the point was that he should be looking at used gear...

Quote by 311ZOSOZHJH
You're best bet is to look at used gear. More bang for your buck. These were all posted in the last week in your area. I may not have met all of your criteria but this is what I would be doing if I were you.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 17, 2009,

Ignorance is not bliss.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
ooookay, I think we're getting touchy here, looking up my location is a little strange, sorry if that came up across rude. Reporting me for a joke seems a bit jumpy...

I check craigslist listings daily, used to work in sales and I like to stay on top of the market. Looks like the winner's the Laney 50 watt... now I just have to get my marshall sold
Quote by Banshee Red

rude...:P
he was just making a joke:P

ii agree going used is probably the best option
and really why do you want a single channel amp for metal :S
peavey 5150
marshall jcm800/900 or maybe one of the tsl's
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Quote by Banshee Red
ooookay, I think we're getting touchy here, looking up my location is a little strange, sorry if that came up across rude. Reporting me for a joke seems a bit jumpy...

I check craigslist listings daily, used to work in sales and I like to stay on top of the market. Looks like the winner's the Laney 50 watt... now I just have to get my marshall sold

Here's a little friendly advice. If you don't want people on the internet to know your location, DON'T POST IT ON THE INTERNET.

Simple as that. Besides he gave you very good suggestions and pretty much did half the work for you, are you familiar with the phrase "don't bit the hand that feeds", i think it applies here.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Last edited by TOMMYB22 at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by Banshee Red

Quote by Banshee Red
just did some googlin'. sounds to be a killer amp, only problem is there seems to be no store in Phoenix that sell the goddamn things...

Had to look real hard to find your location, eh? He was just trying to help and saw YOU said you lived near Pheonix.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
has to be the line 6 spider!!!!!
Last edited by rippin666 at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by Banshee Red

I reported you not because of the joke, but because of the fact you were being a total prick to people trying to help you.

Also. Look at what 311 posted. It's all very accurate for what you want to use it for.
--

--