I've been singing a bit in my falsetto voice lately, a la Dream On, and for the first few days it was absolutely no problem to hit the notes, but now its almost impossible to get to them.
I can't get past the point where my head voice 'breaks' and goes into falsetto, it just cracks and sounds like shit.
Am I doing something wrong?
My chest and head voices are totally fine, but I just can't hit any falsetto notes anymore
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
Have you done it before or have you just started? If you're a beginner, your falsetto is most likely overstrained and needs some time to rest.
[quote="'[Erebus"]']I've been singing a bit in my falsetto voice lately, a la Dream On, and for the first few days it was absolutely no problem to hit the notes, but now its almost impossible to get to them.
I can't get past the point where my head voice 'breaks' and goes into falsetto, it just cracks and sounds like shit.
Am I doing something wrong?
My chest and head voices are totally fine, but I just can't hit any falsetto notes anymore

i don't know if your already doing this or anything, but try drinking room temperature water, because it'll keep your vocals from going dry and breaking more often. Could also be overuse, as the guy above ^^ said.
I took singing lessons for about a year off and on, and have been singing for about 2 1/2, so I'm by no means a professional, but I wouldn't put myself as a beginner either.
If I did strain my falsetto how long should I rest it?
And are there any good warm-ups to help my bring my falsetto up to par? Its a little sketchy right now.
I always do vocal warm ups before I sing, so I thought I would be able to sing falsetto alot easier
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long