I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to specific effects pedals, but basically, I'm after pretty much every "standard" effect that you would find in a rig - ie. wah, dist, od, chorus, flanger, phaser, compressor... volume... and, well, noise gate.

At the moment I have a Boss DD-20 (which is why I didn't list delay) and an Original Crybaby. The Crybaby was a bit it of an impulsive buy, so I'm either going to mod it (not likely) or sell it for, most likely right now, an Ibanez Weeping Demon. I'm quite pleased with the DD-20 it has more than I would ever hope to think about using in a delay pedal, though it does have a very minor tone sucking quality.

So here's what I have for 'candidate' pedals: (updated)

Wah:
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez WH10
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Fulltone Clyde

Distortion:
Modded DS-1
Pro Co RAT2
Blackstar HT-DUAL (unsure of availability)
Blackstar HT-DISTX (unsure of availability)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Modded MT-2

Overdrive:
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez TS-808
Fulltone OCD
Modded SD-1
Maxon 808
Keeley modded TS-__
Radial Tonebone classic or british

EQ:
Boss GE-7
MXR 10-band (looks like it'll be this one)
Rack mounted? dbx 131

Tremolo: (no idea here)
Keeley modded TR-2
EHX Pulsar
Red Witch Pentavocal
Empress Tap Trem
ZVex Tremorama
Seymour Duncan shape shifter
Tremulator?

Pitch shifter:
Digitech Whammy

Chorus: (no idea here really)
Red Witch Empress
EHX Small Clone
BOSS Chorus Ensemble (which one?)

Flanger:
the MXR one
the MXR EVH one
the Ibanez one
Maxon Vintage jet riser

Phaser:
MXR Phase 90
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Phase 100
EHX Small Stone
Moog 12 Stage Phaser
MXR script Phase 90?

I'd like this to go well with cleans, possibly piezo cleans

Compressor: (no idea here again)
MXR Super Comp
MXR Dyna Comp
Rocktron Big Crush
BOSS CS
Keeley 2-knob compressor

Volume:
Ernie Ball VP Junior Passive

Noise gate:
Boss NS-2
ISP Decimator (unsure of availability)

Controller of some sort:
I'm hearing Rocktrons are good, but the MIDI bit confuses me a little
Petrucci uses an Axess Electronics FX-1 Midi Foot Controller w/ expander, and again, what does the MIDI do?

Power supply:
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Dunlop DC-Brick Multi (unsure of availability)

Reverb: (knew I forgot something)
the only actual reverb pedal i know of is the Boss FDR

If I've missed any, feel free to chuck it in, and also, if there are others that would be worth looking at, chuck those in too. Keep in mind that I live in Australia and the pedal range is quite limited, although, I may be going to Boston a bit before Christmas.

I'm after gear that is somewhat versatile but essentially is geared towards prog metal, with the odd blues influences (bet you've never heard that before ) - something along the lines of Suspended Animation/Systematic Chaos/Black Clouds & Silver Linings Petrucci, or Hybrid Theory/Meteora Brad Delson

The other query I have is to do with rack mounted effects. What are the pros and cons of rack mounted effects and how do they measure up against pedals? I'm assuming that sound quality-wise, rack mounted is generally better (correct me if I'm wrong), so do you think I should ditch pedals and go with rack mounted effects (keep in mind that budget has to be reasonable)?

I believe I have forgotten something somewhere in my large mess of a post. I'll post if I remember
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Last edited by Bob_Smith at Nov 18, 2009,
you probably don't need every single type of pedal under the sun. you should go to a shop and try out a whole bunch of pedals and see what sorsts of things you like. for stuff like chorus and vibrato and even phasing look into red witch pedals. they are built in NZ and they are their own sort of thing but to me they sound awsome.
What's your amp?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Wah - 535Q, Weeping Demon, Ibanez WH10

Distortion - Your choices here are pretty much spot on.

OD - Tubescreamers, Fulltone OCD, Modded SD1

EQ - MXR 10-Band

Tremolo - Not sure.

Pitch Shifter - Yeah, Digitech Whammy.

Chorus - EHX Small Clone, BOSS Chorus Ensemble

Flanger - The 2 you have, Ibanez also make a pretty good one.

Phaser - MXR Phase 90/100, EHX Small Stone, Moog 12 Stage Phaser

Compressor - MXR Super Comp/Dyna Comp, Rocktron Big Crush, BOSS CS

Volume - Yeah, what you wrote.

Noise Gate - ISP Decimator

Can't help you with the last two. All the ones I mentioned are pretty standard, I'm not very knowledgeable on boutique stuff. What about reverb? What's your amp, does it have reverb built in?
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Nov 17, 2009,
what amp do you have?

also, ive heard not so great views on the weeping demon, but ive never tried one. best bet is to go to a largish guitar shop and try all this stuff out. morley wah's like the bad horsie are good too!
Sounds like you have things pretty much figured out. I don't understand how you managed to squeeze Petrucci and Linkin Park in one sentence, so i'm gonna pretend I didn't see that :P.
What Petrucci has is a board with all his patches saved on it, so he can go from one sound to another just pressing a button, with no need to change settings on his rack, etc. According to him in his Rock Discipline DVD, it was custom made for him, but since that was a long time ago, maybe he switched over to what you said. For EQ add the MXR 10-band EQ, it's highly praised around here, and I don't know about the rest.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by Zoso1994 at Nov 17, 2009,
A nice but hard to come by for cheap tremolo pedal would be a tremulator as used by Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead. Check it out ja. Unless you are minted it is gonna take a while to amass this amount of pedals. Good luck though!
My picks:
Wah:
Fulltone Clyde

Distortion:
Keeley Modded MT-2
Blackstar HT-DISTX (unsure of availability)

Overdrive:
Maxon 808
Fulltone OCD
any of the Keeley modded TS-types
Radial Tonebone classic or british

EQ:
go rack mounted, dbx 131

Tremolo:
Keeley modded TR-2
EHX Pulsar
Red Witch Pentavocal
Empress Tap Trem
ZVex Tremorama
Seymore Duncan shape shifter

Pitch shifter:
Digitech Whammy - if you must.

Chorus:
EHX clone
Red Witch Empress

Flanger:
Maxon Vintage jet riser

Phaser:
MXR script Phase 90

Compressor:
Keeley 2-knob compressor

Volume:
Modded Ernie Ball VP Junior Passive

Noise gate:
ISP Decimator

Controller of some sort:
I'm hearing Rocktrons are good, but the MIDI bit confuses me a little
Petrucci uses an Axess Electronics FX-1 Midi Foot Controller w/ expander, and again, what does the MIDI do?
-MIDI sends data only, not signal

Power supply:
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+

The other query I have is to do with rack mounted effects. What are the pros and cons of rack mounted effects and how do they measure up against pedals? I'm assuming that sound quality-wise, rack mounted is generally better (correct me if I'm wrong), so do you think I should ditch pedals and go with rack mounted effects (keep in mind that budget has to be reasonable)?
-rack sound quality is neither better nor worse across the board, but considering all the fx you want, it's something you should definately consider.
If these suggestions are going to be put through a Marshall MG or similar I'm going to cry.
amp is, but not yet, an ht-5. its on the way.

Quote by Zoso1994
Sounds like you have things pretty much figured out. I don't understand how you managed to squeeze Petrucci and Linkin Park in one sentence, so i'm gonna pretend I didn't see that :P.
What Petrucci has is a board with all his patches saved on it, so he can go from one sound to another just pressing a button, with no need to change settings on his rack, etc. According to him in his Rock Discipline DVD, it was custom made for him, but since that was a long time ago, maybe he switched over to what you said. For EQ add the MXR 10-band EQ, it's highly praised around here, and I don't know about the rest.

i know linkin park arent very respectable for guitar skills, but you do have to admit, delson has one pretty nice tone. thats more what im after
and yes, one of the many things i forgot to put in was the mxr 10-band.

Quote by muse_
A nice but hard to come by for cheap tremolo pedal would be a tremulator as used by Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead. Check it out ja. Unless you are minted it is gonna take a while to amass this amount of pedals. Good luck though!

im not quite minted, but im starting year 12 next year (roughly equivalent to first year college in the us) and through the roof results are going to *nudge* my parents into upping the budget

thanks for the suggestions guys, keep them coming (if necessary). id also like to hear opinions of as many of the pedals as possible as there are A LOT of pedals for me to try here
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Last edited by Bob_Smith at Nov 18, 2009,
Quote by Bob_Smith
im not quite minted, but im starting year 12 next year (roughly equivalent to first year college in the us) and through the roof results are going to *nudge* my parents into upping the budget

Here's hoping you ace all of your courses, because you are easily looking at over US$1000.00 worth of stomp boxes here. Effects pedals multiply like mushrooms, but they aren't cheap, and the very good ones are often very expensive. I don't like to think about how much I've shelled out over the years on stomp boxes. Good Luck.
hey guys, i wanted to ask about reverb pedals. any ones that people think are particularly good?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
I'm gonna go on a limb here and suggest you try the TC Electronics G Major system. All the modulation effects are in that, all you'll need is a distortion and overdrive pedals and you're all set. And the price will be much lower compared to buying all the effects as stompboxes.
Quote by Bob_Smith
hey guys, i wanted to ask about reverb pedals. any ones that people think are particularly good?

look into the ehx holy grail + or the trex tonebug reverb. for the prices those 2 are the best you will get. otherwise if you willing to spend the cash go for a trex roommate.
really if your into that many effects id get a processor and a midi controller and go all rack mount, just add a wah, i did that for many years, but im at the point now where im just using the distortion channel on my amp and about 5 pedals on a board. effects are fun but when add an effect to everything you do it just becomes so watered down and not as natural
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
You're talking about 2k plus in pedals to put through a $400 amp? Why not get a few REALLY good tones, instead of a massive pedal board through a budget tube amp?
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by dertjoe
really if your into that many effects id get a processor and a midi controller and go all rack mount, just add a wah, i did that for many years, but im at the point now where im just using the distortion channel on my amp and about 5 pedals on a board. effects are fun but when add an effect to everything you do it just becomes so watered down and not as natural

any processors and/or midi controllers you recommend?

Quote by Musicman48858
You're talking about 2k plus in pedals to put through a $400 amp? Why not get a few REALLY good tones, instead of a massive pedal board through a budget tube amp?

the ht-5 lets me crank in my bedroom which i can mic and not have to play around with gain/vol in another environment in the case of a larger amp
also makes transport easier
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Fulltone Clyde, OD in my sig and a high gain distortion box is what you need.

Also, i have an HT-5 and i promise that if you don't get an MXR 10 band, you will not get anywhere near Linkin Park or american metal tones. With some heavy tweaking and a boost i managed to get my HT-5 sounding quite like a dual rectifier, the only problem was that the awesome metal tones went to shit once the power tube started to clip. Once you know how to use an EQ pedal effectively it is probably the most effective tone shaping tool you will ever use.

Although if you don't like screwing with a 10 band, which i completely understand (mine sat on top of my amp for a year before i could REALLY use it), you may want to investin a high gain american voiced pedal like the Wampler Triple Wreck, ****ing amazing pedal but it's just a little costly.

I almost forgot to mention that the HT-5 lacks reverb, that is essential. I suggest nothing less than the Malekko Spring Chicken, it's hands down the greatest reverb pedal i've heard. Again, it's a little costly but it's of a very high quality and once you do get it, i don't see it leaving your pedal board.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Musicman48858

the ht5 might be very low wattage and cheaper than more powerful amps, but it's very capable of a professional sound, especially considering that venues of any real size are going to run you through a PA, but I do agree that the pedals are a bit overkill.

as for processors, look through Eventide, TC Electronics, and Lexicon's product line to see what falls in your budget. pick out a few you're interrested in and come back to us for details. expect the better stuff from eventide to be VERY expensive, but also top-notch. I prefer TC's modulation fx over lexicon's, but lex gets the edge in time based fx, particularly reverb (and delay by a hair in my book).

from the looks of things, the ht5 uses trs cables for switching... should be able to sub in any switching unit that supports 1/4" trs, and most of those will support standard 5-pin MIDI footswitches. actually, most will also support 7-pin MIDI w/ phantom power supplied from the unit to the footswitch (outer pins).

all that means is you've got a lot of options to mix and match. what you'll need is a MIDI footswitch (preferrably able to accept phantom power), a switching unit that accepts MIDI (also preferrably provides phantom power) has a MIDI "thru" port and provides 1/4" switching jacks for the footswitch in of your ht5 (you'll very likely need a trs "Y" cable).

bear in mind that if you use a looping-type mechanism (like the GCX, for example) for chanel switching, all those loops are going to go to waste once you break the chain by using it for a footswitch jack.
seriously. you don't need all this. if you honestly intend to buy a phaser, flanger and chorus, you are being very silly. aim to buy just one of those. if you want more modulation, buy something else in future. why a noise gate? do you have noise problems? why an eq? what do you intend to use it for? why a volume pedal? do you do lots of volume swells? if you have no ideas about compressors, why do you want one? what is the pitchshifter for.

you buy these things gradually according to what you need at a given point. it is a better way to do it. you do not need every kind of effect pedal ever made. i mean, the immediate thing i would say is that what you have planned out doesn't have enough dirt or delay, and has far too much other stuff.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Too much un needed stuff for a person whos not experienced with pedals, big budget?

Reverb: Hardwire RV7
Delay: Eventide Time Factor
OD: Keeler Push or Pull and a TS9
Dist. Keeley DS-1, Barber Dirty Bomb
Chorus: EHX Small Clone
E.q. Used Rack and if you really ned noise reduction and ISP decimator

Your rig will be god like and not to excessive.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Matt makes a good point, not that the stuff isn't useful, but thatyou should know what everything in your chain does to your signal or else it shouldn't be there.

I'd argue that owning everything you need makes it easier to design your rig, but that still doesn't justify a ton of pedals over one decent one-space rack unit... $300 on a lex lm300 is great even if all you ever use it for is studio quality reverbs and delays... completely patchable to your specific needs.

I'd also argue that owning stuff is a great way to learn how to use it... but it's quite expensive to do it this way. TS, you really gotta do your homework, but if you're not a tone-hunter like some of us, that's no reason for you to not have good tone (hey, some people just like to play, wtf?), and it's no reason for you to have to make a ton of mistakes along the way.
Quote by Bob_Smith
the ht-5 lets me crank in my bedroom which i can mic and not have to play around with gain/vol in another environment in the case of a larger amp
also makes transport easier

You can mic any amp. Don't get a $2000 worth of pedals for a $500 amp. I think you don't understand the meaning of cranking. It usually mean turning it up to the point where power tubes break up. You generally want to avoid that in metal and let the preamp handle the gain. That's why metal amps are usually high powered. Low powered tube amps are meant to get that everything on 10 tone at lower volumes, but putting everything on 10 is not good for metal. That tone is more suited for a classic tone, not modern.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
seriously. you don't need all this. if you honestly intend to buy a phaser, flanger and chorus, you are being very silly. aim to buy just one of those. if you want more modulation, buy something else in future. why a noise gate? do you have noise problems? why an eq? what do you intend to use it for? why a volume pedal? do you do lots of volume swells? if you have no ideas about compressors, why do you want one? what is the pitchshifter for.

you buy these things gradually according to what you need at a given point. it is a better way to do it. you do not need every kind of effect pedal ever made. i mean, the immediate thing i would say is that what you have planned out doesn't have enough dirt or delay, and has far too much other stuff.

+14293
Quote by joe_k
you probably don't need every single type of pedal under the sun.

I do. Just because I want them. so yes you do
Quote by GrisKy
Matt makes a good point, not that the stuff isn't useful, but thatyou should know what everything in your chain does to your signal or else it shouldn't be there.

I'd argue that owning everything you need makes it easier to design your rig, but that still doesn't justify a ton of pedals over one decent one-space rack unit... $300 on a lex lm300 is great even if all you ever use it for is studio quality reverbs and delays... completely patchable to your specific needs.

I'd also argue that owning stuff is a great way to learn how to use it... but it's quite expensive to do it this way. TS, you really gotta do your homework, but if you're not a tone-hunter like some of us, that's no reason for you to not have good tone (hey, some people just like to play, wtf?), and it's no reason for you to have to make a ton of mistakes along the way.

i'm not sure that you need to have everything you need to 'design your rig'. i mean, besides the fact that you can always sell surplus gear (and if you're ebaying well then you shouldn't be taking a huge hit on it), i don't really see the benefit of these huge, detailed plans. you buy gear because it sounds good and does something useful or interesting or different. mostly, it is just as useful whether you have two pedals or twenty.

moreover (and no offence is intended here) i don't think the threadstarter knows nearly enough about this. i mean, for starters, all this gear but no tuner? hmmm. the power supply section: the voodoo labs option is very, very different from the dunlop brick. one is a cheap daisy chain in a box. the other one isn't. the entire concept of having a category for 'pitchshifter' is absurd. a ps3 does something very different to a ps5, which does something very different to a whammy, which does something very different to the pitchfactor. the entire approach is fundamentally absurd. you buy pedals because they sound interesting and are relevant to what you want to do. you don't buy them because you need one in each category.

example: my current board has a tuner, three distortions (all set up to do different things from a lighter crunch to a heavier fuzz), one eq, one tremolo, one small box lo-fi delay and a larger delay/looper, powered by a bbe power supply. i've only 'ticked' three of those categories, but that is because i have no need for the other things. i like the sound of delay. i like having multiple delays and being able to run them together. i find tremolo useful. i like to have plenty of different dirty tones. i don't like modulation very much, so i don't have any. i like my amps reverb, so i don't have a reverb pedal. i'm not interested in pitchshifting, so i don't have one. i probably could have picked some of this stuff up, but i chose to buy other things instead because they were more useful to me. the extra dirt boxes and extra delays do more for me than a flanger or a pitchshifter would. that doesn't mean i won't buy any of those things. i may pick up a reverb pedal some time for some extra options. but if i do, its because i've played with my rig and added what it needs, not assumed what i need without actually playing with it.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
ok, all fair points, ill take them all into account

true, i dont know enough about this (as mentioned in my OP) but couldnt this be considered one of the purposes of the thread - ie learn about it?

i have a tuner, though not in pedal form - it gets the job done (or should i consider getting a second tuner :/ )

the 'no ideas' in my OP didnt mean i had no idea what the effect does, just that im not overly familiar with individual pedals in the category

riiiight. just reread OP - ive realised i wasnt exactly conveying the right message; i knew what i was trying to say, it just didnt quite come out that way
I believe I have forgotten something somewhere in my large mess of a post. I'll post if I remember

i forgot to mention which pedals are higher priority - they are: wah, dist, od, phaser, eq, vol, lo-fi (which i forgot), whammy (this one particularly because i can use it as an octaver/harmoniser, and whammy due to my lack of them on my guitars, which will not likely change in the near future) and depending on the noise with these pedals, noise gate. is this overkill?

im a fairly heavy abuser of wah, delay and volume swells at the moment. the volume swells are a bit hard to achieve because im using the vol knob on my guitar which is a bit hard to maneuvre while playing at the same time, and i believe that it is also an audio taper pot, so there isnt a whole lot of variation i get without accidently dropping the volume out altogether. i love the sound of phasered cleans, so thats why the phasers there. lo-fi... i cant really give you much more that 'i like it'. dist/od/eq is for tone.

ok, so the ht-5, as we know, isnt an amp voiced for metal and doesnt do modern metal without serious pedal help. i forgot to mention, that while it is a lower priority, i also play a bit of blues, which is why i wanted a lower wattage amp that i could crank. however, i can still change my mind as i havent bought the ht-5 yet - can i use the clean channel of a larger metal voiced amp at low volume with the od pedal for blues?

the reason i included every effect in the one thread was so that instead of creating many new threads down the track that are hard to find, i have one large resource that doesnt involve searching up a different thread for each effect.

sorry if thats a little incoherent
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Quote by Bob_Smith
the reason i included every effect in the one thread was so that instead of creating many new threads down the track that are hard to find, i have one large resource that doesnt involve searching up a different thread for each effect.

Ever heard of the phrase "cross that bridge when you come to it" having this overly large resource doesn't really help when people aren't sure what advice to give... or get side-tracked easily.

Also, how many styles do you play?

At this stage I'm wondering whether a modelling amp might be suitable for you.

Like some of the others have said, you've got so many thing there... its getting silly. I suggest that you might consider spending less on so many pedals... and spending more on those you like.

For example: if you like delay... but don't really use pitchshifter all that much, forget about the pitchshifter for the time being and get something really good like an Empress Delay or Tone Czar Echoczar.

Having one high quality effect in one category beats having 7 average effects in 3 categories.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
some people seem to be under the impression that OP doesn't have a use for all the types of pedals he listed.

his first sentence says he desires "wah, dist, od, chorus, flanger, phaser, compressor... volume... and, well, noise gate."

if he says he wants pedals of these categories, shouldn't we assume he's going to use them rather then assume he just wants them for some other odd unknown reason? just seems kind of odd to me.

if he needs a pitch shifter, let him get a pitch shifter

i admit thats alotta stuff to buy, but hey, if he's got the money...

anyways:

Wah: can't help you, no personal experience using one

Distortion:
Modded MT-2; im going to assume you mean a keeley twilight mod. i have one of these and i have an ht-5. however, im postulating that because of the small speaker you won't be able to get that huge roaring tone that the sound clips have on keeley's website. at least, im not getting that, and thats my best guess as to why.

Overdrive:
Fulltone OCD; i've got one, i suppose its good. i have to say i suppose its good rather then i love it cause right now im broke and halfway regretting spending all my $$ on guitar stuff 0.-

EQ:
MXR 10-band; ive got one. its useful. what more could you want.

Tremolo: can't help you. never used one, never had a desire to.

Pitch shifter: can't help you

Chorus: can't help you

Flanger: can't help you

Phaser: can't help you

Compressor: can't help you

Volume: can't help you

Noise gate: ISP Decimator: get the g string version i think

Controller of some sort: can't help you

Power supply: Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+;, got one, its useful. although for how much it costs, i found myself asking shouldn't it have more outputs? especially if you wanna do 18v stuff (+ the fact they charge extra for 18v cables)

Reverb: tech 21 boost rvb; ive got one, i like it; playing without reverb (or delay) sucks.

my setup is: guitar (SD rails) --> fulltone OCD --> twilight zone --> ISP decimator --> amp; then effects loop: MXR 10 band eq--> tech 21 boost rvb

i wish i woulda gotten the decimator g string, and im thinking to get the tone i want from the twilight zone, i need a bigger cab. but other then that, im liking it.

right now, i will not be gigging/band practicing in the near future, i hope to record, and i play in my bedroom for fun. thats what the ht-5 is made for.

"can't help you" means i have no personal experience with that type of effect. i could list the common suggestions, but i wont because i dont know if theyre actually any good. personally, i would like to be able to just plug my guitar into an amp and play; unfortunately, no one yet makes an amp that i know that is also in my price range that will let me do that and get the sounds i want.
Last edited by SpeedLives at Nov 20, 2009,
Quote by ragingkitty
Ever heard of the phrase "cross that bridge when you come to it" having this overly large resource doesn't really help when people aren't sure what advice to give... or get side-tracked easily.

Also, how many styles do you play?

At this stage I'm wondering whether a modelling amp might be suitable for you.

Like some of the others have said, you've got so many thing there... its getting silly. I suggest that you might consider spending less on so many pedals... and spending more on those you like.

For example: if you like delay... but don't really use pitchshifter all that much, forget about the pitchshifter for the time being and get something really good like an Empress Delay or Tone Czar Echoczar.

Having one high quality effect in one category beats having 7 average effects in 3 categories.

i already have a modelling amp at the moment - fender g-dec junior - but its pretty good for what i got it for. one of the metal channels is alright, it does leave a little bit to be wanted because the amp doesnt have an eq as such.
the problem is i dont think it does blues very well.
i already have a delay that im happy with (DD-20) but the only effect work using on the amp is reverb. everything else is at fixed 'tempos' - flanger, tremolo - so it becomes a bit hard to use

do you suggest i start off with an eq pedal and save everything else for later?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
Last edited by Bob_Smith at Nov 20, 2009,