Hi,
Apologies for my 1st cheeky post, I will contribute more in the future. I'm a psychologist in my day job and I'm starting a research project looking at different band members and support crew and whether there are any similarities in say guitarists or drummers or bassists or vocalists. The ultimate aim is to use this data to see if there are differences and if there are relate these to the different personalities we encounter at work and work out what's going on with them and how to get the best from them. Many business books that focus on personality tend to be aimed at the higher levels whereas mine will hopefully be aimed at lower levels.
If you'd like to help then please follow this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=zHDj2BU1ymYIpSu6S1ggXQ_3d_3d Should only take a few minutes to complete.

There is a point on the survey where you can leave your email address if you want to get some info when the data has been collated. I'm not selling/keeping or doing anything else with these email addresses just giving you some general feedback if you want it.

If you can spare the time then thanks for your help

cheers
KRdrummer

Note to mods: Please move this post if you think it's in the wrong place. Cheers
As long as you're comfortable with your results bareing a shocking resemblance to the personality traits of teenage metalheads with too much free time.

Edit: Forgot the chronic masturbation aspect... damn.

Filled it in, this could be quite interesting.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Nov 17, 2009,
seems quite interesting, i'm gonna leave you my email, and hopefully read your conclusion if you are kind enough to send them to me
Filled it in..
Hope that helps/helped.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
filled it in
Gear
Guitars
Epiphone SG G-400
IBANEZ S470DXQM

Amps
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Marshall MS-2 Micro Stack

Pedals
Zakk Wylde ZW 45 Cry Baby Wah
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
I was going to but I find those "agree - neutral - disagree" surveys are terrible; my responses vary depending on my mood.
404: Sig not found.
filled it in... will you be publishing you results here as well?
The best way to describe a guitarist is through whatever he is influenced by, because it is inevitably something that will be felt in his music. The reason why so many people still glorify Jimmy Hendrix and Jimmy Page is because they were the creators of something new, they were amongst the first to actually do the music their way, and they were damn good at it. Now it's more about charisma and creativity in terms of creating songs, and I bow my head to both Josh Homme and Dave Grohl, cause anything they touch turns to gold. I will never ever understand the meaning of Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen. If technique is a measurement instrument, then I pick Tommy Emmanuel, Paco de Lucia and Chat Atkins over those two clowns any day
the proud owner of:
Martin OMC-1E acoustic
ESP Ltd Viper 301 vintage sunburst
PEAVEY classic 50 212 combo amp
Quote by igor1901
The best way to describe a guitarist is through whatever he is influenced by, because it is inevitably something that will be felt in his music. The reason why so many people still glorify Jimmy Hendrix and Jimmy Page is because they were the creators of something new, they were amongst the first to actually do the music their way, and they were damn good at it. Now it's more about charisma and creativity in terms of creating songs, and I bow my head to both Josh Homme and Dave Grohl, cause anything they touch turns to gold. I will never ever understand the meaning of Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen. If technique is a measurement instrument, then I pick Tommy Emmanuel, Paco de Lucia and Chat Atkins over those two clowns any day

I think most fans of Steve Vai are looking at more than just his ability to play fast. Granted, his technical ability is noticeable and exercised, but there's more to his phrasing and song construction than that, not to mention his stage presence. The chap puts on a show. But yeah, he is a bit of a one trick pony. There's only so much lydian mode one can stretch over 10 albums or so.

The players you mentioned are amazing players, but I doubt they could play like Yngwie or Steve, and vice versa.
Quote by ChrisN
I was going to but I find those "agree - neutral - disagree" surveys are terrible; my responses vary depending on my mood.

Ditto.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Nov 17, 2009,
Sounds like it could be good
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by ChrisN

Hi Chris,

The survey is designed to ignore your mood (as much as we can) by asking you the same question a few times over. That way it tends to even out fluctuations due to mood.

Happy to answer any questions you have about it.

cheers
Kevin
Quote by guusw
filled it in... will you be publishing you results here as well?

Hi Guusw,
Yes, I've posted on bass chat and drummerworld and the deal there is also that I'll publish a summary before the book is published. If you have entered your email you'll get the summary straight to your inbox.

Thanls very much to all of you who have completed it so far. Really appreciated.

cheers
Kevin
Quote by TheBurningFish
As long as you're comfortable with your results bareing a shocking resemblance to the personality traits of teenage metalheads with too much free time.

Edit: Forgot the chronic masturbation aspect... damn.

Filled it in, this could be quite interesting.

Sounds interesting
i find this topic very interesting but there might be biased results from this website (although you have most probably already taken that into consideration and have probably advertised on other musicwebsites) but it sounds interesting and best of luck with your book.
you got my survey, but i could've told you im an introvert with a broken brain alot quicker
Sounds interesting, I've put a lot of thought into personalities in music so I'll fill that out later today and will be curious to see the results. I do believe that you can relate personality to ones inclination to be a certain type of musician. That's just from reading biographies and shit though, hopefully your study will produce some conclusive results.
This questionnaire has alot of Methodological issues. The sample is self selected and the participant may write socially desirable answers or they may answer wrongly as they may have a lesser or egotistical view on themselves.
All that aside it's a great way to information and i've filled in the questionnaire, all the best.
Gear:

Ibanez SR700
Ibanez GSR200
Yamaha RGX 121Z

Peavey Tour series 450 Head + Peavey 410 TVX Cab
VOX ADVT15

Line 6: Guitarport
Took your survey, nice job on it. I must admit my expectations were low, but I was impressed.
Quote by krdrummer
The survey is designed to ignore your mood (as much as we can) by asking you the same question a few times over. That way it tends to even out fluctuations due to mood.
Reason No. 2 not to bother.
404: Sig not found.