Heya peoples. I play a Schecter C-1 plus through a 1958 Ampeg R-12 Rocket. Love the sound, but I need to use pedals for OD. It's time to let the old boy go. I'm looking at 2 amps in particular; the Orange Dual Terror, and the Traynor YCV50 Blue. I play classic rock, and have been told that my style in leads is very Page-ish. I like a meaty tone and don't need too much dirt for 'metal'. Having a clean channel isn't a big deal. Some bands I like are Weezer, Guns n' Roses, Tenacious D, Breaking Benjamin, among others, tending to stay within the punk/alternative rock area. So, UGers, which one?
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Well the Orange would be more vintage sounding. It's dark and warm clean and it roars unadulterated British grit when you crank the gain. The Traynor is a bit more on the modern side of things. The gain structure I find is very crisp and bass heavy.

I think for what you do you might want to look into the Traynor.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well the Orange would be more vintage sounding. It's dark and warm clean and it roars unadulterated British grit when you crank the gain. The Traynor is a bit more on the modern side of things. The gain structure I find is very crisp and bass heavy.

I think for what you do you might want to look into the Traynor.

hmmm... I personally like the Orange, but for YOUR needs...

+1
I don't like to sound TOO modern, and the Schecter has a nice bit of bass in the tone. I like a smoothish sound and I run through a 31 band EQ. Is the Traynor still the better of the two? I don't play anything really heavy.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Agreed. Both are fine amplifiers.
in that case... I think you could do enough tweeking to make the Orange just right. keep in mind, it's still an Orange, so it's gonna be VERY British voiced... great for some of the stuff you listed, but not so great for others. which EQ are you using?
^dbx 31 band. And the heaviest I go is GnR. I figure if I push the Orange a bit harder, like with a tube screamer, I could pull it off.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Hey guys, the issue has changed! I've discovered the Bugera 1990. Opinions on this amp? I think it can get closest to what I want.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
^I think the Traynor is better than the Bugera for your needs. I suggest you go try them (If you can)
Quote by acdcrocks0323
If you want a JCM900 clone, you can just buy a used JCM900 for the same price.

you show me a good condition 900 for 450. wont happen unless someone is feeling very nice or is an idiot.

TS, if you have the money go with an Orange. If you want to save go with Bugera. Out of the orange and bugera i think the bugera would suit you better, but orange amps are just awesome haha.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Last edited by Crohny at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by forsaknazrael
^happens. I seen them on my craigslist for anywhere between 400-900 bucks.

ive never seen a good condition 900 for under 600.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?