Some of those are old and highly desirable vintage guitars, which explains the prices. As for the signed guitars, if someone thinks that an autograph is worth that much, then what the hell? You know what they say about a fool and his money, right?
Quote by FatalGear41
Some of those are old and highly desirable vintage guitars, which explains the prices. As for the signed guitars, if someone thinks that an autograph is worth that much, then what the hell? You know what they say about a fool and his money, right?

They probably play like crap.
Hai 2 u
Quote by Roads5
They probably play like crap.

You never know until you play them yourself. I doubt they play or sound any better than a good new guitar, though.
Supply and demand--you can't buy a '57 Gold Top everywhere. When you start factoring in the consumers themselves (each with unique personalities, desires, a whatnot), weird shit starts to happen.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
You'll be surprised how much old classical instruments are worth.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
That Tito Jackson Gibson is full of sh*t, I've seen it before. It doesn't add up. The supposed signature Michael Jackson made is worn out now, he has one picture posted of it with it being almost worn off, the other photo is old. Also, he claims its from '94 yet on the pickguard it has the year 1998.

Its worth what people will pay for it I guess. Eddie Van Halen's Hot For Teacher guitar that he used in the video and parts on the '84 sold for over $200,000. I have some good high quality photos of it and if you saw it in a pawn shop you'd think some kid made a pseudo-replica The one that was recently sold had not much of a connection to him besides being a backup of a backup and still went for quite a bit.

Like I said, if people are willing to pay that much, people will try to sell them for that much. Besides, look up the price of a Stradivarius
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Nov 17, 2009,
Most people that pay those prices don't play even guitar, they buy them as investments. I go to a lot of guitar shows and I have played guitars in those price ranges and truthfully a lot of them just plain suck. It's funny when I collected Gibsons back in the late 70s early 80s they were not worth any where close to those prices.

I am considering buying a vintage 56 Gibson Les Paul that has been refinished (black) and rerouted for Humbuckers. It still has the original tuners, pots and TOM bridge I can get this for well under $1000.00 if it was all original according to the book the price would be between $65,000.00 to $100,000.00.

John
Those guitars aint shit !!!!!!!!!! Check my profile pic if you want to see a badass guitar.
Whats funny is that the last listing is a Epi LP Special II. Like he said much more realistic for most of us.
Last edited by fretz86 at Nov 17, 2009,
That Tito Jackson Gibson is full of sh*t, I've seen it before. It doesn't add up. The supposed signature Michael Jackson made is worn out now, he has one picture posted of it with it being almost worn off, the other photo is old.

I kind of wondered about that too....looks sketchy.
Look at the pics of the Tito LP the first one showing all the sigs is an old pic the second one is what the guitar looks like today, you can barely see In the other pics and where you can see the sigs they are taken under a UV light so you can see the signatures but without the UV you can't really see them. I do not doubt the guitar is authentic Neils does have a great reputation for selling rare guitars.

John

PS: I wouldn't pay 2 cent for anything associated with MJ.
i find it funny how expensive most of them are and then the one at the bottom is $170.