Page 1 of 2
Well yup, I decided to sell the Orange Rockerverb 50 for £880 and buy this for £550. It is MINT condition I'll be spending my leftover cash on a Fender Deluxe Stratocaster

I've only played around with it for 2 or so hours so far and I can already tell I prefer it to my Orange, it's not necessarily a better amp, it's just voiced a lot more to my preferences. Saying that I prefer the clean channel to my Orange, the cleans are just incredible.

I am considering selling my Fulltone OCD V.3 now as well, have no use for it with this amp.

The lead channel is to die for as well. I've also found a great SRV like tone!

Now I've just got to find an AC\DC / Indie tone and I'm good to go.

Now I know these amps aren't highly regarded around here but I couldn't really care less. Way to much Marshall bashing on these forums for my liking.

Pics.

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by WtrPlyr
Who cares what other people think if you like it

HNAD

+1.

HNAD!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Cool, a huge MG with t00bz?

Just joking.

HNAD!

Great amp!
I would it get over the Rockerverb too.
I'm not a big fan of Orange's sound.

What about some clips?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I always review amps a week or so down the line and give a video via youtube

I will do a video review for this in a week or so.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
HNad bro !!!!

Love it.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
sweet! I have the 205h tell ya put some good NOS tubes in there it will smooth it out real nice, marshall loves the old stock
My evh tones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4brwH3rOLOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkBb2nJ5RXs
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Last edited by ksmc at Nov 17, 2009,
So awesome. Me wants a 205H !!!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Well I just played Plug in Baby with this amp at volume. OMG....

I'm so happy I changed for a Marshall , sounds unbelievable. If you guys don't believe me I'll have a video up soon

Quote by RockIsHowIRoll
i just watched your youtube videos, you're really good man

Thanks very much! Fancy rating this one lol? i hate being on 3.5 / 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUMZe7IZAhI
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 17, 2009,
did you hear mine? direct recording from the back of the amp, just get a long mic cable then i plug it in my m-audio!
tone slut

jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Quote by ksmc
did you hear mine? direct recording from the back of the amp, just get a long mic cable then i plug it in my m-audio!

Yea mate, sounds awesome!
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
oh look, 4 mg's built into one amp

j/k

I hate you.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
HNAD!!!

Why do you own 'The Notebook?'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
HNAD!

A bit too much of a "Space Shuttle" front panel for my taste, but awesome amp nonetheless.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
HNAD!

A bit too much of a "Space Shuttle" front panel for my taste, but awesome amp nonetheless.

Ya being able to EQ each channel separately is so pointless... Everyone knows that an EQ setting that sounds good for clean will sound good for any gain level. There's no reason why you would ever want to set each one up separately...

I agree it looks dumb, but that is a feature I have always wanted, and I'd get over the looks of it to have it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
HNAD.

man, preferences are preferences but i don't think i could give up an orange that sounds that good.
HNAD, question for you though. Not about the marshall, but i'm really GASing for a new amp, did you ever compare the rockerverbs cleans to the rockers? I want an orange at some point in a million years although the dirty channel was godly, the rockers cleans sucked ballz, and the rockerverb actually has all the features I want in an amp, plus a shit load more gain. But if that clean channel is still iffy i'll probably settle for a rocker ab/d with my laney for cleans or try out the ad30.

Spiffy looking marshall, i need to try more of marshalls upper end amps.
Quote by tubetime86
HNAD!!!

Why do you own 'The Notebook?'

Cause it's an awesome film
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by beckyjc
HNAD, question for you though. Not about the marshall, but i'm really GASing for a new amp, did you ever compare the rockerverbs cleans to the rockers? I want an orange at some point in a million years although the dirty channel was godly, the rockers cleans sucked ballz, and the rockerverb actually has all the features I want in an amp, plus a shit load more gain. But if that clean channel is still iffy i'll probably settle for a rocker ab/d with my laney for cleans or try out the ad30.

Spiffy looking marshall, i need to try more of marshalls upper end amps.

The Rockerverb has very good cleans, i just prefer the Marshalls

The Rockerverb was a very good amp but for me it only had two tones, I Don't understand it when people go on about its versatility.

It had great cleans and a great lead channel (which was too warm and not quite tight enough for me)

Laney cleans are great but imo lack character, I've had the GH100L and the VC50
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Cause it's an awesome film
So is A Scanner Darkly. Amirite AngryGoldfish?

So Sharpant...which is your favorite channel? I liked the orange gain channel with the gain at approx 75%
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by sharpant
Yea mate, sounds awesome!

thanks! the 410 a beast see ya on the jvm boards
tone slut

jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Awesome price! I've never been a fan of the JVM but at £550 for one you can't go wrong
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Van Noord

So Sharpant...which is your favorite channel? I liked the orange gain channel with the gain at approx 75%

Quote by sharpant

The Rockerverb was a very good amp but for me it only had two tones, I Don't understand it when people go on about its versatility.

It had great cleans and a great lead channel (which was too warm and not quite tight enough for me)

Completely agree. I wasn't blown away by the Rockerverb. It is a good amp, just not special.
Quote by Van Noord

OD1 Orange gain at 75% :P

Exactly the same!

I haven't even used od2 yet, so much gain on OD1

I also love Clean Red gain on about 40%, very SRV like.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant

Well the GH/VH aren't really comparable to the VC30 IMO, but I have heard complaints about orange being too dark and wooly to pull off metal tbh. Maybe i'd be better invested in a lower gain Orange and using OD to tigthen and brighten it.

I was more attracted to this amp as being an be all end all amp, if it's not as versatile as I thought then I might just need that room full of amps I crave.
Nice man, you got it for a great price, and honestly I think that's what turns most people off....especially here in the states....but you don't live here so its not a problem...

HNAD!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by tubetime86
Ya being able to EQ each channel separately is so pointless... Everyone knows that an EQ setting that sounds good for clean will sound good for any gain level. There's no reason why you would ever want to set each one up separately...

I agree it looks dumb, but that is a feature I have always wanted, and I'd get over the looks of it to have it.

I didn't say it looks dumb, you misunderstood what i meant.
It has too many channels for my taste, not too many EQs... As a matter of fact, my Laney amp has separate EQs for the clean and drive channels.

And since when isn't the Space Shuttle one of the coolest things ever?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by beckyjc
Well the GH/VH aren't really comparable to the VC30 IMO, but I have heard complaints about orange being too dark and wooly to pull off metal tbh. Maybe i'd be better invested in a lower gain Orange and using OD to tigthen and brighten it.

I was more attracted to this amp as being an be all end all amp, if it's not as versatile as I thought then I might just need that room full of amps I crave.
I agree. The Rocker 30 with an overdrive is better for metal than the Rockerverb without one, or even with one.
Cool.

Haven't been much of a fan of these when I've tried them, but I kinda want to fiddle with one again. I've tried to like them before, just never got along well with them. Maybe that'll change if GC ever gets one in again
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Interesting combination with the Orangeness of the Orange, with the signature Marshall look.

HNAD!
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
HNAD!

The reason most people 'round these parts don't like the JVM is because it's expensive as hell; you pretty much bypassed the main complaint.
Page 1 of 2