Page 1 of 11
i just read about a 10 year old in Arkansas who refused to say the Pledge of Alliegance. He mentions America's constant criticizm of the gay culture and says he refuses to say the pledge until they have equal rights. I think this kid is right. Im not gay but the way people treat gays is really ****ed up. They are humans too regardless of religious bullshit about how their an abomination to God. **** that. If god loves everyone than their not abominations. Also, this kid has the right to do what he did. All you patriots who say IF YOU DONT SAY THE PLEDGE YOUR NOT AN AMERICAN you need to shut the **** up. if your a soldier...YOU fought for his right to say that. YOU fought for his right for freedom of speech. So before you criticize him think about that. Anyone who refuses to say the pledge is just as much an american as you are regardless of if you fought in a war or something. He is exercising the right that YOU fought for.

whats your opinion on this?
Cool kid. I think more people should take a stand.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Nov 17, 2009,
I heard about that. Fair play to the kid.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Honestly I think that this is the kid's dad doing the talking, I know I didn't have political ideas when I was 10.

Either way, the kid clearly agrees with it and has a point. He's an inspiration.

I stopped saying the pledge when I found out it was changed to include "Under God" because I'm an atheist and I think that it's very presumptuous and wrong to say "Under God" as if we're something special.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Kudos to the kid. We need more people like that
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Nov 17, 2009,
cool kid is cool
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ

A clapstack for the brave kid. If only I was this mature and intelligent at his age... And anyway, why is not saying the pledge considered evil or wrong?
Amazing that a 10 year old is more aware of what is fair than most grown-ups.
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius
I live in arkansas and I must say that this kind of thing was a big deal when I was in highschool.

Most teachers/facilitators/staff members claim its acctually against the law not to pledge allegiance. I got in trouble for this constantly as I was going through my anarchy phase or whatever.

Anyways, I've always seen the pledging of allegiance to be ironic, most christians fight to the death about how much this is a christian nation and how strong our christian values are, but they are blind to see that pledging allegiance in the morning to somthing is considered sin in the bible, becuase your basically swearing to somthing besides god.

A christians god is indeed, a jealous god.

Anyways, this has nothing to do with me, I dont beleive in any of it.

+1 for the kid.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I was truly expecting to see this thread full of

"WTF! This kid hates his country! He should die!"
Epic child is epic.

Props and huge respect to him.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Do you have to say the pledge everyday in america or something? Are they afraid that citizins are going to quit without giving a 1 week notice or something?
Quote by woodenbandman

I stopped saying the pledge when I found out it was changed to include "Under God"

I never got it, why does the U.S. still have the "In God We Trust" quote on their dollars? Aren't there enough non-Christians and atheists to justify a change?
You have to say a pledge? Wow. When are people gonna realise that a country is just a place you live in.
Quote by BlackValor93
i just read about a 10 year old in Arkansas who refused to say the Pledge of Alliegance. He mentions America's constant criticizm of the gay culture and says he refuses to say the pledge until they have equal rights. I think this kid is right. Im not gay but the way people treat gays is really ****ed up. They are humans too regardless of religious bullshit about how their an abomination to God. **** that. If god loves everyone than their not abominations. Also, this kid has the right to do what he did. All you patriots who say IF YOU DONT SAY THE PLEDGE YOUR NOT AN AMERICAN you need to shut the **** up. if your a soldier...YOU fought for his right to say that. YOU fought for his right for freedom of speech. So before you criticize him think about that. Anyone who refuses to say the pledge is just as much an american as you are regardless of if you fought in a war or something. He is exercising the right that YOU fought for.

whats your opinion on this?

I think thats the dumbest crap I've ever heard. Just because you don't agree with an issue in America, that doesn't give you reason not to support the country. The Pledge of Allegiance is about supporting and protecting your homeland, it's not about supporting it's government. I don't agree with abortion or the way we convict non-violent drug offenders but I'll still say the Pledge. YOU WILL ALWAYS DISAGREE WITH SOMETHING ABOUT AMERICA. to sum it up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1lfSzgcAw

Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Last edited by dxpaintball8000 at Nov 17, 2009,
This is why I'm glad to be british.

EDIT (to elaborate): We don't have a pledge, I feel that I can choose to be patriotic, or not. A pledge of alliegance basically says (i feel) "I agree with everything that our noble rulers say, We are free to do as they tell us"

but then, that's my opinion.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Last edited by mcfreaki at Nov 17, 2009,
For those of you who dont know, most states require this pledge to be recited at the beginning of the day every school day, usually recited over the intercom.

It goes as followed

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic, for which it stands, one nation under god, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

"Under god" was not in the orginal pledge, and Metallicas album "And justice for all" was derived from this.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
For those of you who dont know, most states require this pledge to be recited at the beginning of the day every school day, usually recited over the intercom.

It goes as followed

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic, for which it stands, one nation under god, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

"Under god" was not in the orginal pledge, and Metallicas album "And justice for all" was derived from this.

Oh wow, that's insane.
What that kid needs is a good hard dicking.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Vypor

It goes as followed

thats just ****ed up what grade do they srat saying it because i sure as hell would pledge to anything if i was like 6
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by ryand111
thats just ****ed up what grade do they srat saying it because i sure as hell would pledge to anything if i was like 6

Man I can remember doing it as far back as I remember.

When your really young they try to drill it in your head that its the proper thing to do, and by the time you get older everyones just so use to doing it.

Its like were robots man.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
I think thats the dumbest crap I've ever heard. Just because you don't agree with an issue in America, that doesn't give you reason not to support the country. The Pledge of Allegiance is about supporting and protecting your homeland, it's not about supporting it's government. I don't agree with abortion or the way we convict non-violent drug offenders but I'll still say the Pledge. YOU WILL ALWAYS DISAGREE WITH SOMETHING ABOUT AMERICA.

I agree. There is nothing wrong with using our freedom of speech, or nothing wrong with not saying the pledge, but if it sucks so bad here he should gtfo like anyone else (Disclaimer: I know he's 10). Our country has much wrong with it like any other country, but Americans are fscking blind to what we have that's right.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Wow, sometimes I wish that North Korea HAS nukes.

OT: Religion/pledge should be voluntary and this kid rules.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
You have to say that everyday? Wow thats incredibly ironic lol

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by jimmyled
I never got it, why does the U.S. still have the "In God We Trust" quote on their dollars? Aren't there enough non-Christians and atheists to justify a change?

Yes, but most of the people in charge are Christians and too stubborn to understand any other viewpoint.

I don't say the pledge but nobody really bitches at me about it.

EDIT:

"Freedom of speech. The freedom to disagree. That’s what I think pretty much being an American represents."

Smart 10 year old.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Last edited by andrew12398 at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by BeerBlood
I agree. There is nothing wrong with using our freedom of speech, or nothing wrong with not saying the pledge, but if it sucks so bad here he should gtfo like anyone else (Disclaimer: I know he's 10). Our country has much wrong with it like any other country, but Americans are fscking blind to what we have that's right.

thats what i was talking about. Just because a person doesnt want to say the pledge doesnt mean that they hate the country. so saying gtfo is stupid. but america is blinded by the lust for power and wealth and whatnot. Christians also have an issue with this its because of them that its required by law to have Under God in the pledge of alliegance whatever happened to separating church and state? also, im not a strong christian but i guess that makes me agnostic i need proof that god really exists.
....... *Sigh* Its things like this that make me ashamed of my state.
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
I'm glad we have nothing like that in Britain - although I had something nearly as bad. Hymn singing (anyone else have it?) Of course even then I didn't believe in god so I didn't sing. Kid did a good job.

Farcical pledge is a farce.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
I think thats the dumbest crap I've ever heard. Just because you don't agree with an issue in America, that doesn't give you reason not to support the country. The Pledge of Allegiance is about supporting and protecting your homeland, it's not about supporting it's government. I don't agree with abortion or the way we convict non-violent drug offenders but I'll still say the Pledge. YOU WILL ALWAYS DISAGREE WITH SOMETHING ABOUT AMERICA. to sum it up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1lfSzgcAw

Why should he support a country that he feels is doing wrong?
Quote by BeerBlood

I hate that attitude. "If you don't like it then get out". No, that's stupid. If you don't like it then you should try to fix it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I pledge a grievance to the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the republicans whom I can't stand
One nation under smog indispicable
WITH LIBERTY
FOR JUST US NOT ALL
Quote by woodenbandman
Honestly I think that this is the kid's dad doing the talking, I know I didn't have political ideas when I was 10.

Yeah, up until a couple of years ago, I only believed what my parents told me.

Kids are America's soft spot, though, and if a kid portrays the image that he is "fighting for a cause," then people would join in, because "he's just an innocent child, and we must protect him."