Page 1 of 4
Don't fuck around with guns, simple as
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
That's terrible

Quote by slash_GNR666
Don't fuck around with guns, simple as

Kid was 3 years old, genius...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
So? The rule stands for everyone
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

There's nothing wrong with guns. Just don't be stupid with them. Why the hell is there a loaded gun on the table? Stupid, irresponsible parents.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
There's nothing wrong with guns. Just don't be stupid with them. Why the hell is there a loaded gun on the table? Stupid, irresponsible parents.

thats what i was thinking
Quote by captivate

i could understand if the father was in a hurry and left it behind, but the mother should have seen it and done something about it. Both parents were at fault.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
That's sad. They should really make better rules for parents with young kids having guns.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by The_Casinator
That's sad. They should really make better rules for parents with young kids having guns.

Yes... don't have guns
Quote by lambofgod127

Man imagine the guilt of knowing your kid is dead because of something stupid you did.
I know I wouldn't be able to live with that to bare the rest of your life.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Quote by The_Casinator

its a law stating that you cant have a loaded gun in a house with kids. so now hes gonna have charges against him for breaking that law.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by slash_GNR666

Well, I want to see you try and understand Nuclear Physics at the age of 3. What? Those facts/theories apply to everyone!
Poor child.
Last edited by jimmyled at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by footsteps7173
its a law stating that you cant have a loaded gun in a house with kids. so now hes gonna have charges against him for breaking that law.

Thank god, the law isn't that stupid.
OOOOOOH YOU'RE A LOADED GUN
DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN DI DUN DUN DA DA DUN DUN DUN
OOOOOOOOOH THERE'S NOWHERE TO RUN
NO ONE CAN SAVE YOU THE DAMAGE IS DOOONE

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
THE PARENT'S TO BLAME
THEY GIVE LOOOVE
A BAD NAAAAAAAAAAAAME

*riff*

Honestly though, that is awful. If I had a child and a weapon, I'd keep them both as far away from each other as possible.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Thats awful.

Maybe guns should be developed to have a time responsive safety, where it automatically clicks in after say 15 seconds of not shooting.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Honestly though, that is awful. If I had a child and a weapon, I'd keep them both as far away from each other as possible.

thats y my dad has a guncloset. with a lock. and wen we were little he added a bolt lock at the top of the door so we couldnt reach it if for some reason the lock was unlocked.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Thats awful.

Maybe guns should be developed to have a time responsive safety, where it automatically clicks in after say 15 seconds of not shooting.

I doubt that will come in hand when you're trying to shoot a lunatic who's running to get your kids...
Quote by footsteps7173
i could understand if the father was in a hurry and left it behind, but the mother should have seen it and done something about it. Both parents were at fault.

I couldn't. There's no excuse for leaving a gun out.
Quote by captaincrunk
I couldn't. There's no excuse for leaving a gun out.

This especially if you have young kids. Hell me and my sisters are all teenagers and my step dad still keeps his guns in a gun safe.
Quote by JEvsn
Why is having a gun so important? I don't get it.

protection of home and family. down here in the south, its a big thing. its just sucks when something happens like this thats the opposite of what the gun is meant for.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by i_killed_bill
This especially if you have young kids. Hell me and my sisters are all teenagers and my step dad still keeps his guns in a gun safe.

mine too. well, we will probably never know y the gun was out.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by slash_GNR666

You gotta be trollin'.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by i_killed_bill
Oh...

I thought I was onto something

mistakes happen. only this one was a really tragic one...The media just drags on and make the whole situation worse for his parents...

i hate the news media.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by footsteps7173
protection of home and family. down here in the south, its a big thing. its just sucks when something happens like this thats the opposite of what the gun is meant for.

I believe a gun is for killing. It did exactly that.

This seems to happen a ridiculous amount in countries who's gun laws are as lax as the USAs.
Last edited by piop at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by gallagher2006
Personally I blame the guy who invented guns in the first place.

The gun itself is not at fault. It is just a tool. What happens with a tool varies on the user. I'm sure that if humans didn't invent the gun, they would have invented some other tools to kill each other.

It seems to me as if humans have this invincibility complex. A few weeks ago, someone in Toronto drove a BMW at 200km/h into a minivan. Killed a woman who had JUST won her fight against cancer, her husband who quit his job for 2 years to take care of his wife, their daughter who was just about to graduate as a nursing student, and her friend. That was one of the saddest things I had ever heard.

Blaming tools isn't the right approach. It's the ignorance of people which results in our destruction.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'll get flamed but whatever.

Americans' love story with guns never cease to amaze me. "But it's to defend ourselves!", yeah right geniuses, and if they couldn't be bought with the same ease than me getting a baguette from my local supermarket, you'd never need guns in the first place. Owning a weapon is a matter of misplaced fear and some kind of perverted, old-fashioned image of heroism "so I can defend myself and my family"... well great dude, so is your random asocial psycho authorized to visit any Wal-Mart and grab a handgun with a couple of ammo rounds.

Anyway. Sickening and sad story.
Quote by captivate
The gun itself is not at fault. It is just a tool. What happens with a tool varies on the user. I'm sure that if humans didn't invent the gun, they would have invented some other tools to kill each other.

It seems to me as if humans have this invincibility complex. A few weeks ago, someone in Toronto drove a BMW at 200km/h into a minivan. Killed a woman who had JUST won her fight against cancer, her husband who quit his job for 2 years to take care of his wife, their daughter who was just about to graduate as a nursing student, and her friend. That was one of the saddest things I had ever heard.

Blaming tools isn't the right approach. It's the ignorance of people which results in our destruction.

And its sad to say, but i know the USA has the stupidest people the world can offer. sometimes im ashamed of the shit.

The mother of a 6 year old girl here in NC sold her daughter into prostitution and they found the body yesterday too.

The mother should be stoned in the street and anybody who would pay for that should have their junk sliced off.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by Astyan
I'll get flamed but whatever.

Americans' love story with guns never cease to amaze me. "But it's to defend ourselves!", yeah right geniuses, and if they couldn't be bought with the same ease than me getting a baguette from my local supermarket, you'd never need guns in the first place. Owning a weapon is a matter of misplaced fear and some kind of perverted, old-fashioned image of heroism "so I can defend myself and my family"... well great dude, so is your random asocial psycho authorized to visit any Wal-Mart and grab a handgun with a couple of ammo rounds.

Anyway. Sickening and sad story.

my family has a home defense gun that each one of us in the fam are practiced. we each have taken a gun safety course and been trained in self-defense.
Quote by mullet1337
I find it extremely hard to believe that a 3 year-old found the gun, picked it up, pressed the safety, and just happened to shoot himself.

And why would a loaded gun just be on the table, with the parents totally unaware of it?

I say the mother shot the kid.
Quote by footsteps7173
my family has a home defense gun that each one of us in the fam are practiced. we each have taken a gun safety course and been trained in self-defense.

Yeah, and the father of the kid and owner of the gun was perfectly trained, too. The problem is that you can't train a 3 years old, so when a weapon is left somewhere by mistake, it can lead to this kind of disaster.

Don't get me wrong, dude. I don't care about the implications of free gun ownership in the USA with this accident, it's just a disaster and I feel really sad for the family. But my previous post was more on a general level, about how people against gun control have AWFUL arguments. When guns aren't legal without a hard-to-obtain license, there is no (or less) risks of people going psycho and initiating random mass shootings, and you won't have to fear that your average burglar breaking into your living room carries a 9mm Beretta. Plus, there is no need to hide anything in case your boy shoots himself in the head.

Just take European countries. Sure, if you happen to face a serious criminal it's most likely that the guy will be armed and you'll be screwed. But on average, just look at the statistics, you don't see people threatening each others with guns over here in France, and mass shootings don't make first page on national newspapers every week. No "free" guns, no need to host an arsenal to defend yourself against small but armed criminals or random people going nuts.

Now, that debate has been raging for decades among the US population, and with other countries. I know it's not the point of this thread, so sorry if you don't like it.
The gun could have been hidden, the father said it was and it's only the authorities assuming it wasnt. When my little sister was three my mum turned her back for less than a minute to answer the phone and she managed to get onto the kitchen side, into a child proof cupboard, into a medicine box and into the child proof bottles and eat all my mums epilepsy tablets. Kids are fantastic at figuring out ways of getting around things.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by Astyan
Yeah, and the father of the kid and owner of the gun was perfectly trained, too. The problem is that you can't train a 3 years old, so when a weapon is left somewhere by mistake, it can lead to this kind of disaster.

Don't get me wrong, dude. I don't care about the implications of free gun ownership in the USA with this accident, it's just a disaster and I feel really sad for the family. But my previous post was more on a general level, about how people against gun control have AWFUL arguments. When guns aren't legal without a hard-to-obtain license, there is no (or less) risks of people going psycho and initiating random mass shootings, and you won't have to fear that your average burglar breaking into your living room carries a 9mm Beretta. Plus, there is no need to hide anything in case your boy shoots himself in the head.

Just take European countries. Sure, if you happen to face a serious criminal it's most likely that the guy will be armed and you'll be screwed. But on average, just look at the statistics, you don't see people threatening each others with guns over here in France, and mass shootings don't make first page on national newspapers every week. No "free" guns, no need to host an arsenal to defend yourself against small but armed criminals or random people going nuts.

Now, that debate has been raging for decades among the US population, and with other countries. I know it's not the point of this thread, so sorry if you don't like it.

Bullshit. wen australia banned weapons, the crime rate by gun went up. look it up.
Quote by mullet1337
Cue Second Amendment debacle.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Page 1 of 4