Hey guys!
I just recently decided to go into recording equipment. Up until now I've been using a 20 USD microphone plugged into my Creative Audigy 2 soundcard (Mediocre home media card), but I decided to get a somewhat better setup, which firstly would concist of a USB interface and a tube preamp (which will also serve as my bass halfstack's preamplifier). Since I have a somewhat shabby budget of 200USD (Max. amount, seriously). I know that I won't get Mana record studios in my room for that much, but I just need a somewhat medium-high quality setup to record bass, guitars and vocals. I stumbled upon these items:
*ART TubeMP
*YAMAHA AudioGram 3

I am aware, that there are better setups out there, but these are the ones that fit my budget and that wouldn't have to be shipped across Europe.

So, my question is this - is this setup sufficient to record at home (not minding the microphone, with the instruments being recorded directly and with VST modeling) ?
Cheers,
Jonas.

PS. You can hear samples from my current setup by clicking on the link, found in my signature (Titled "My death metal band")
looks good to me. I Have the Art Tube MP - it's actually nice - it's cheap but it does add a bit of "warmth" - I also use it with my Valve Junior amp and it adds a bit of both warmth and also more gain by overdriving the little tube in it (boost the input and output)...

The Yamaha interface looks good - I have a Yamaha keyboard and am fixing to get a Yamaha mixer - they make nice stuff!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by strangedogs
looks good to me. I Have the Art Tube MP - it's actually nice - it's cheap but it does add a bit of "warmth" - I also use it with my Valve Junior amp and it adds a bit of both warmth and also more gain by overdriving the little tube in it (boost the input and output)...

The Yamaha interface looks good - I have a Yamaha keyboard and am fixing to get a Yamaha mixer - they make nice stuff!

Hey, thanks for the reply
If noone provides me with info, that would cause me to reconcider, It's pretty much for sure, that I'll get this setup. And since my dad often goes to Russia, I'll ask him to bring me back some Sovtek 12AX7's, since they are produced there, just because I read on several reviews that the Chinese tube provided with the preamp is really awfull.
And about the yamaha brand I love my Yamaha bass Yamaha is actually one of the few brands that produces a wide spectrum of items, but maintains their quality