So shes in college right now majoring in Fashion, and i have absolutely NO idea what to get her. I want to get something that will be useful to her, not dumb childish gifts. I was thinking about a sewing machine but she already has one and has said she doesnt need a new one when i say "you should get another one" just to at least get an idea.

Anybody have any ideas what to get? Anybody know any fashion majors they could ask to see what they want/need and would be a good gift?

Thanks
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
too bad a personalized ornament is too childish. its the sentimental things that work for mine. maybe not for yours.... thats just my opinion.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Dick In A Box
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by footsteps7173
too bad a personalized ornament is too childish. its the sentimental things that work for mine. maybe not for yours.... thats just my opinion.

The sentimental things work, but i want something thatll help her with school and stuff.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
The sentimental things work, but i want something thatll help her with school and stuff.

well, fashion. any thing in particular? u said sewing machine, im guessing the clothing side? maybe a gift card to a material store? throw in something heartfelt on the side...
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by footsteps7173
well, fashion. any thing in particular? u said sewing machine, im guessing the clothing side? maybe a gift card to a material store? throw in something heartfelt on the side...

well its a double major of fashion business AND design.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429

what if you made something like a cute little ornament, as well as just saying "I wanted to get you something that'll help you out with school and stuff, too, but I didn't want to get anything that might just end up useless. lets go shopping, is there anything you need?"

..or something similar

or buy her a longboard. they're helpful for getting around campus quickly
well just a quick question, dont bite my head off for this, but have you got her a ring yet?
cos that might be an idea
only reason i ask is that i know a few people who get engaged but dont get a ring sorted straight away due to money or saving.

my main suggestion would be to ask her, maybe get a few little childish/sentimental gifts to surprise her. but if you want to get her something specific for what she does, ask her and see if there is anything she needs
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Go to a bookstore. I'm sure they have huge books on fashion design. Or do what I do: go to a mall stop a random girl and ask her. They are surprisingly helpful to the point where they will often go around to stores with you to help you look.

Or get her a guitar. Everyone can use a guitar.
Quote by 89cruefan
well just a quick question, dont bite my head off for this, but have you got her a ring yet?
cos that might be an idea
only reason i ask is that i know a few people who get engaged but dont get a ring sorted straight away due to money or saving.

my main suggestion would be to ask her, maybe get a few little childish/sentimental gifts to surprise her. but if you want to get her something specific for what she does, ask her and see if there is anything she needs

Yea i got the ring lol.

Usually when i ask if she needs anything she says no or that she wants me to choose a gift cause its more meaningful which is true but if i have absolutely no idea then im stuck in a hole.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by jfreyvogel
Go to a bookstore. I'm sure they have huge books on fashion design. Or do what I do: go to a mall stop a random girl and ask her. They are surprisingly helpful to the point where they will often go around to stores with you to help you look.

Or get her a guitar. Everyone can use a guitar.

Already got her a guitar and amp, she rarely uses it cause "her fingers dont work with it" which is all just practice lmao
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
Yea i got the ring lol.

Usually when i ask if she needs anything she says no or that she wants me to choose a gift cause its more meaningful which is true but if i have absolutely no idea then im stuck in a hole.

then bam.

bunch of nice meaningful gifts and draw a coupon for one free shopping trip.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
So shes in college right now majoring in Fashion, and i have absolutely NO idea what to get her.

Thanks

You know for a second there I read that as "I'm majoring in fashion." I stared at the words, your username, and the fact that you referred to your fiance as a female, and I was greatly confused.

Anyway. You might try some art related things, as all designs usually start drawn on paper. You'll need to talk to someone in the art store to help you.

Does she have:
A drafting table?
A WACOM tablet, for drafting on the computer?

You could also definitely try getting her some nice fabric. Basically, anything to show her that you take an interest in what she does.

Ask her friends. I cannot stress how much this will help. She might have told them that she wants X and then you can surprise her. Be sure to coordinate and make sure she doesn't get like 10 of them.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
You know for a second there I read that as "I'm majoring in fashion." I stared at the words, your username, and the fact that you referred to your fiance as a female, and I was greatly confused.

Anyway. You might try some art related things, as all designs usually start drawn on paper. You'll need to talk to someone in the art store to help you.

Does she have:
A drafting table?
A WACOM tablet, for drafting on the computer?

You could also definitely try getting her some nice fabric. Basically, anything to show her that you take an interest in what she does.

Ask her friends. I cannot stress how much this will help. She might have told them that she wants X and then you can surprise her. Be sure to coordinate and make sure she doesn't get like 10 of them.

The thing is she dorms at the school, so a drafting table is completely out of the question due to room (t'was a good idea tho). Whats this "WACOM tablet" thing tho, i went on the site and it looks interesting. Do you know anything about them?
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
The thing is she dorms at the school, so a drafting table is completely out of the question due to room (t'was a good idea tho). Whats this "WACOM tablet" thing tho, i went on the site and it looks interesting. Do you know anything about them?

I have one. They're sweet. You use a stylus to draw on the tablet and it comes up in whatever art program you're running as though you were drawing normally. It gives you a lot more control over digital art and design. It is indispensable for an artist/designer. I'm a graphic designer.
Chrismas Sex.
You're Welcome
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Quote by jfreyvogel
I have one. They're sweet. You use a stylus to draw on the tablet and it comes up in whatever art program you're running as though you were drawing normally. It gives you a lot more control over digital art and design. It is indispensable for an artist/designer. I'm a graphic designer.

Is there like a specific model for fashion or do they all kinda do the same thing? Any models u think i shud take a look at or can recommend?
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
Is there like a specific model for fashion or do they all kinda do the same thing? Any models u think i shud take a look at or can recommend?

Intuos 4 Medium or Large is good. The XL is overkill. Maybe a Cintiq if you can afford it. I think they're a lot. Most people use the Intuos models. I have an older version of it: an Intuos 3 and it's really good.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Intuos 4 Medium or Large is good. The XL is overkill. Maybe a Cintiq if you can afford it. I think they're a lot. Most people use the Intuos models. I have an older version of it: an Intuos 3 and it's really good.

Are they easy to use and all that? Im the more computer/technology savy on and while i read all these things about it i still seem compoletely lost about the whole thing haha.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
Are they easy to use and all that? Im the more computer/technology savy on and while i read all these things about it i still seem compoletely lost about the whole thing haha.

Once it is installed there is nothing you have to do to use it. Plug it in and it works. There is nothing to set up with the art programs.

The great thing is that there is no learning to use it. It works just like drawing with a pencil. Press light and the line is light, press hard and the line is dark, and etc... Whether she is savvy or not she won't have any trouble because it simulates regular drawing.
Since I started with a mean joke, I'll give you a good idea.

Traveling.

Subscription to Wall Street Journal.

Food! Make her something expensive, steak, etc.

Pet? Maybe something she can keep in her dorm, like a few fish?
Quote by jfreyvogel
Once it is installed there is nothing you have to do to use it. Plug it in and it works. There is nothing to set up with the art programs.

The great thing is that there is no learning to use it. It works just like drawing with a pencil. Press light and the line is light, press hard and the line is dark, and etc... Whether she is savvy or not she won't have any trouble because it simulates regular drawing.

So it just kinda opens in Photoshop, Paint, etc. and when u draw on the pad it comes up on the computer screen? When you arent drawing/are thinking and the "pencil" is resting on the page while u try to find where to start(this is getting confusing. Lets say she draws the body part of a jacket, takes the "pencil" off, and then wants to draw the sleeves to it) does it show where ur "pencil" is without writing on the drawing?
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by captaincrunk
Since I started with a mean joke, I'll give you a good idea.

Traveling.

Subscription to Wall Street Journal.

Food! Make her something expensive, steak, etc.

Pet? Maybe something she can keep in her dorm, like a few fish?

Actually she has been talking about wanting some fish since shes been there, that is a good idea.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
So it just kinda opens in Photoshop, Paint, etc. and when u draw on the pad it comes up on the computer screen? When you arent drawing/are thinking and the "pencil" is resting on the page while u try to find where to start(this is getting confusing. Lets say she draws the body part of a jacket, takes the "pencil" off, and then wants to draw the sleeves to it) does it show where ur "pencil" is without writing on the drawing?

There will be a pointer/dot/crosshair-like thing on the screen that shows where the stylus is hovering over. If I remember correctly you can customize what it will show, however there will be something that lets her know where the stylus is on the screen even when she isn't depressing it on the pad.

**EDIT: Found this on youtube (How a tablet works)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQWhOCEc3s
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by jfreyvogel
There will be a pointer/dot/crosshair-like thing on the screen that shows where the stylus is hovering over. If I remember correctly you can customize what it will show, however there will be something that lets her know where the stylus is on the screen even when she isn't depressing it on the pad.

**EDIT: Found this on youtube (How a tablet works)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQWhOCEc3s

Interesting. Im waiting on a text back to see if shell be designing clothes and stuff for the major. (I know its design but if shell rarely be making stuff its kinda useless). If she will be drawing i will love you forever lmao. This is a great idea and if she is doing alot of drawing itll be a great gift thats COMPLETELY unexpected.

And secretly i kinda want one now too, as im an artist (kinda) haha
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
Interesting. Im waiting on a text back to see if shell be designing clothes and stuff for the major. (I know its design but if shell rarely be making stuff its kinda useless). If she will be drawing i will love you forever lmao. This is a great idea and if she is doing alot of drawing itll be a great gift thats COMPLETELY unexpected.

And secretly i kinda want one now too, as im an artist (kinda) haha

This guy:

http://mandrykart.wordpress.com/

does all his art with a Wacom tablet.

Yea... he's ridiculous...
Honestly, you should get her something that's more meaningful, non school related... that way, you can be way more creative.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by Creamcheeze
Honestly, you should get her something that's more meaningful, non school related... that way, you can be way more creative.

Like a fish! You could draw a background for the tank, laminate it, and viola!
Quote by jfreyvogel
This guy:

http://mandrykart.wordpress.com/

does all his art with a Wacom tablet.

Yea... he's ridiculous...

****....i want him to do my album artwork haha
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
In a shop here called Urban Outfitters they have like little handheld sowing machines for small fix jobs, maybe you can find something like that?
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Well ive decided, shes getting the Wacom tablet. Thanks for all your help every1.

And the one thing besides all the help i got that im suprised about is the fact that i got 2 pages of mostly real answers, not 12 pages just saying penis every bulliten. Glad to see theres people on the internet who know when to joke and when to help.

U all recieve 2 internets, except for jfreyvogel, who gets over 9000 internets
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Quote by jfreyvogel
Haha, sweet. I have added that to my sig.

Haha awesome
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Get her this you batty crease.

Aye, that's right, I'm bringing the word "batty" back.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.