Just quick question before I buy the pickups.

If I buy a Squier Classic Vibe or a Jim Deacon strat, and cut a bigger hole in the scratchplate for the bridge humbucker, will I be able to fit the pacifica pickups? Or are they a different size?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Should be the same size. Are you pulling the Pacifica pickups from something else or have you just "acquired" them?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I'm pulling them from a Pacifica 012. I need a humbucker to go in a Jim Deacon strat, which, being that it's made of alder and has absolutely staggering reviews, should prove to be a great, budget fat strat for me that is an improvement on the Pacifica
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by Eurozeppelin
I'm pulling them from a Pacifica 012. I need a humbucker to go in a Jim Deacon strat, which, being that it's made of alder and has absolutely staggering reviews, should prove to be a great, budget fat strat for me that is an improvement on the Pacifica

Thought about getting an Irongear humbucker for about £25? Piss all over a Pacifica one...seriously.

Humbuckers are all the same size, by the way...unless otherwise stated.

Then you can keep the Pacifica intact and flog it...for more than the humbucker would cost.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Nov 17, 2009,
Looking into the Irongear humbuckers, are they any good for classic rock? (LED ZEP!)

Hmm - I'm still not clear on what scratchplate I need...Isn't there a slight difference in shape between a Fender strat scratchplate and a Squier one? So if I'm putting it on the Jim Deacon...which one do I need?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)