K so I have the sweeppicking technique down, but now I just don't know what to sweep. Could someone tell me how they're coming up with stuff like amtriad? I don't see how they make chords up that high on the neck, does anyone have a website with the shapes or just a way to figure them out, thanks.
Quote by Gigglebooster
K so I have the sweeppicking technique down, but now I just don't know what to sweep. Could someone tell me how they're coming up with stuff like amtriad? I don't see how they make chords up that high on the neck, does anyone have a website with the shapes or just a way to figure them out, thanks.

buy the guitar grimoire scales and modes
Learn chord construction. A minor triad just has the root, a minor 3rd and perfect 5th. It doesn't matter where you are on the neck.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Major Sweeps - Every arpeggio goes 1, #3, 5, so an E Major Arpeggio for example would be E, G#, B, which is the 1st, #3rd, and the 5th note of the E Major Scale. So every note in the arpeggio would be E, #G and B, in that order.

Minor Sweeps - All of these go exactly the same, except instead of 1, #3, 5, it's a 1, 3, and 5. So it just works like that see, make sure you have a sheet with all the notes on a guitar handy , it'll do good things for you.
Originally posted by jneal 1221
buy the guitar grimoire scales and modes

This.

Thats an excellent book. I only had for a few weeks before giving it my much better (at guitar) friend as a birthday present, and it taught me a lot. I'm wishing I'd kept it, because there's a lot of useful info in there.
They say that in the army, the food is mighty fine.
The chicken jumped off the table and killed a friend of mine.

Oh lord, I want to go home.
But they won't let me go-o
Ho-oho-ohohahohohome. Hey!
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Major Sweeps - Every arpeggio goes 1, #3, 5, so an E Major Arpeggio for example would be E, G#, B, which is the 1st, #3rd, and the 5th note of the E Major Scale. So every note in the arpeggio would be E, #G and B, in that order.

Minor Sweeps - All of these go exactly the same, except instead of 1, #3, 5, it's a 1, 3, and 5. So it just works like that see, make sure you have a sheet with all the notes on a guitar handy , it'll do good things for you.

Wrong.

A major is 1 3 5 whereas a minor is 1 b3 5. If a #3 existed it would be equivalent to a sus4.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Junior#1
Learn chord construction. A minor triad just has the root, a minor 3rd and perfect 5th. It doesn't matter where you are on the neck.
+10,000! You don't need books full of scales and chords - just learn how to form them.