I'm writing songs for a CD, and I'm actually not gonna use this one, but I'd just like to see how good it is. I actually took various parts from this song and put them in others. I know, it's really repetitive. Mainly because I had to delete half the song to make it fit the file size, including a bass solo, and several drum fills. Ah well. It's not really that good anymore because of that. (Crud. I just realized I could have put it in a ZIP folder, and avoided deleting half the file.)

Anyways, I've started writing techno-metal, (I call it synthcore because it's basically just metalcore with synths.) and this was my first attempt. I had to compromise a bit because I'm actually not a guitarist at all, I'm actually a keyboard player, and I'm not even that good. In fact, all the stuff I write, I have never played. I just hear it in my head. Anyways, my biggest problem at this point is learning to scream and play the keyboard at the same time (since I also have a pretty decent scream.)
Attachments:
One Way Out Remake with synth.gp5
Last edited by Ginsu at Nov 17, 2009,
There are only 2 riffs in the whole thing.... yes there alright riffs but come on! the first one get sreally annoying after awhile its gd at the start but just gets repetative

i do like the first 2 bars of the chorus the last 2 r to generic

maybe change the drums around a bit and add more riffs!
Quote by 169290
There are only 2 riffs in the whole thing.... yes there alright riffs but come on! the first one get sreally annoying after awhile its gd at the start but just gets repetative

i do like the first 2 bars of the chorus the last 2 r to generic

maybe change the drums around a bit and add more riffs!

Sorry, should've said this at the start.

I'm mainly asking for criticism on the solos. I know the riffs are very repetitive. I had to take out a lot to get under the file size limit.
Put it into a .ZIP file, then upload it; that will make it fit as it originally was.