I've been playing a faded sg special for allmost 6 years now and i need to find a replacement for it cause its starting to have some problems i.e. tuners frets etc.

ok this guitar i found on the internet is. . . well. . .

Here are the specs on the guitar:

Body - Mahogany, nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Neck - Mahogany 60's slim taper, unbound rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays (neck meets body at 22nd fret for easy access to the high registers)
Hardware - Chrome tune-o-matic & tailpiece, vintage-style tuners with while plastic buttons
Electronics - Gibson P-90 pickups, dual volume & tone controls, three position switch

It comes with a gig bad and the guy wants $800.00 for it. . . i like the guitar but i think 800 mite be too much for a faded yellow gibson. Does anyone know how much these are new? ARE they good guitars? What would you play for this guitar?
i mean used is used so i was thinking about 600. HELP PLEASE!
If it's the guitar I think, those run about $800 new. I wouldn't pay over $650 for one.
It's hardly newer than the one you have and mint doesn't mean much unless you can verify that yourself, why even bother especially since it sounds like you don't like the color? And are the P90's something you want?

If you are content with the SG you have now I'd say save a few hundred bucks and get a new set of tuners and have the frets redressed. I'd never encourage a lateral step like that, especially at such a ridiculous price, I'd either save for a LP/SG Standard or just keep the one you have.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Quote by xstillspinninx

If you are content with the SG you have now I'd say save a few hundred bucks and get a new set of tuners and have the frets redressed. I'd never encourage a lateral step like that, especially at such a ridiculous price, I'd either save for a LP/SG Standard or just keep the one you have.

+1 i mean there are people out there who've played guitars for over 30 years, just because it's wearing down a bit doesn't mean you should just throw it away and get a new one.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I have a Faded Cherry one, and it is a fantastic guitar in my opinion, my only qualm is the bridge P-90 doesn't have as much punch to it as I would like. However, I only paid $600 for mine and would probably wouldn't buy it for $800.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
i replaced the gibson stock tuners with grovres and it still doesnt hold a tune. . . i think it may also have neck issues. i pley with they .12 gauge (large gauge) strings could that be a problem???
is your guitar set up to be played with that guage?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by guitarvinnie
i replaced the gibson stock tuners with grovres and it still doesnt hold a tune. . . i think it may also have neck issues. i pley with they .12 gauge (large gauge) strings could that be a problem???

Honestly, i don't think grover tuners are really that great.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
^agreed. Sperzels and Schallers are better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by blindsagacity
is your guitar set up to be played with that guage?

yea i doubt it
another reason for me wanting another guitar is that my sg doesnt last for too long on stage with coming out of tune, i'd say 3 songs tops and if i break a string im screwed (which happened to me in the 4th song of our show) i have to play whatever i cna get my hands on. i play in bars almost every weekend and i need a backup thats sounds and plays like my sg.

Would this yellow gibson double cut be comparable to my sg?