https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230923&highlight=mid+boost
That was my original post, I figured since I was going to put the mid boost in, I mgiht as well switch out the pickups.

Anyways I'm doing this all on a MiM strat.
I was wondering the there is anything special about the clapton body. I figured buying the neck off ebay, putting noiseless vintage SC pickups, and the mid boost in. I'd have a clapton strat for cheaper than market price.
You could go old-school Clapton and put some Lace Sensor Golds in there. That's what his original signature Strat came with. If I'm not mistaken, the Clapton Strat also has a different profile neck than most Strats, like a deep V shape.
Hi, I'm Peter
ColdGin, according to fender specs both bodies are Alder.
Dirk Gently, I stated I planned on buying the neck off ebay at a later time, an 09 Clapton neck, taken off his one of his strats, goes for about $650-750
warmoth.com
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
warmoth.com

+1. it'll be the same back contour as his strat, but in whatever neck wood you would like (exotic woods are the sh*t!) and it would be cheaper than $600 like you said his necks are on ebay. warmoth is a win-win in this situation i think.

and they're having a 20% off sale right now, if you wanted to order now would be the time. you could get a body and neck from the showcase (pre-made, so you wouldn't have to custom order) for fairly cheap. just a thought, check them out.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I agree with the Warmoth suggestion.They make some really high quality stuff,and there are a ton of build options,so you could get exactly what you want from Warmoth and probably save a few bucks as well.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.