I'm 15, still at school and here's my problem:

My biggest aspiration is to become a big blues guitar player.
My best friend is a drummer who would be willing to be in a blues band with me.
I also have a saxophone player who likes the idea of joining us.
However, we want/need a bass player and a keys/piano player
There are none who I know, like, and want to be in our band
I know some bands start up by putting up audition flyers, but at 15, and with no money, i think thats a little too far at the moment

Any Advice on where to go next?
try the classifieds on this site, put up an add for a bass and keys player.
or just start talking to other musicians in your area and ask if they know anyone plays those, track anyone you find out about down, and talk to them about it.

edit: would also help if you guys started practicing before hand and getting stuff together so you guys actually look like a band, people will be more willing to join up with you that way
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Last edited by Blackritual0 at Nov 17, 2009,
ask around man. thats what i did. I met the best friends I have to this day (my band) all while I was in high school. But yeah dude just keep your eyes peeled for someone. Ask politely if they'd like to jam or something and if you guys do and they're good. ask them to join your band. It's cool no ne is gonna bash you because you're 15. I was 15 when I started playing guitar and now I am 22... I am recording my first demo CD in a few weeks too! It's gonna be great! so don't worry everything will work out fine. BUT! you gotta do one thing I did. be committed. thats all it takes. if you want it bad enough you will do it. good luck man.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Quote by What_is_my_name
ask around man. thats what i did. I met the best friends I have to this day (my band) all while I was in high school. But yeah dude just keep your eyes peeled for someone. Ask politely if they'd like to jam or something and if you guys do and they're good. ask them to join your band. It's cool no ne is gonna bash you because you're 15. I was 15 when I started playing guitar and now I am 22... I am recording my first demo CD in a few weeks too! It's gonna be great! so don't worry everything will work out fine. BUT! you gotta do one thing I did. be committed. thats all it takes. if you want it bad enough you will do it. good luck man.

Cheers man, and don't worry, we play whenever we have a free moment so we're as committed as we can be