Hi to everyone, hope you can help me as always!! I want to buy a fender american stratocaster, but i still have some doubts on wich is the best one for me!
To get something starting with, i have got this question: is true that the maple neck (the white one) isn't good with fender, because they have got varnish (painted neck, don't really know how to say in english) on the neck that goes off while you bend?

Thank you very much!!

Second question:
Are deluxe ones better than the standard one?i read the specifics and the pick ups, and mechanics are different..also there is the new s1 system..What do you think about the whole thing? After all the deluxe costs only something like 200€/$ more than the standard one..

Thank you very much for reading this, sorry for my bad english, and another thanks for the answers (i hope) that you are gonna write
The maple neck isn't bad on Fenders. The laquer is pretty durable with the new (Post 2006) necks. Mine isn't worn at all. Easier to care for than rosewood, also.

The deluxe has a little better pickups and I believe the bridge is all steel instead of steel and nickel. The S1 system allows you to get a humbucker-style sound out of two pickups. Personally I didn't get a Deluxe because I didn't need it really. It was excessive. There is no quality difference between the two models, though.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
The deluxe hss one has got:
1 Fender® DH-1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge),
1 Hot Samarium Cobalt Noiseless™ Strat® Pickup (Middle),
1 Hot Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Strat Pickup (Neck)

Machine Heads Fender® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines

the standard hss one:
2 Custom-Staggered Tex-Mex™ Single-Coil Strat® Pickups (Neck and Middle),
1 Fender® Diamondback™ Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)

Machine Heads Fender® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines

So you think that those aren't critical differences?

Maple Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front;
Rosewood Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed <----- i was saying about the gloss finish, that isn't present in the rosewood fingerboard..do you assure me that it wil last? Because i personally tried other kind of guitars that have got the painted neck and i felt it scratching under the string while bending...

thank again for the answers!
Quote by Giabbo
The deluxe hss one has got:
1 Fender® DH-1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge),
1 Hot Samarium Cobalt Noiseless™ Strat® Pickup (Middle),
1 Hot Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Strat Pickup (Neck)

Machine Heads Fender® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines

the standard hss one:
2 Custom-Staggered Tex-Mex™ Single-Coil Strat® Pickups (Neck and Middle),
1 Fender® Diamondback™ Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)

Machine Heads Fender® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines

So you think that those aren't critical differences?

Maple Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front;
Rosewood Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed <----- i was saying about the gloss finish, that isn't present in the rosewood fingerboard..do you assure me that it wil last? Because i personally tried other kind of guitars that have got the painted neck and i felt it scratching under the string while bending...

thank again for the answers!

Maple is fine. Maple was what Fenders started out with. 1960 is when they added Rosewood to their guitars.

As Kevy said, Maple takes less work to maintain than Rosewood.
ok, thank you very much to both of you! And what about the pick ups and the sealed locking tune machines?it's that big the difference between the 2 guitars, or it doesn't really matter on the final sound?
I think the Deluxe pickups are a big improvement (especially the DH-1 over the Diamondback)
The S-1 system is a great addition too (lots of added variety in tone)
Oh and the locking heads work pretty nicely to keep the guitar in tune
All in all, I'd say go for the Deluxe if you have the money