I plan on buying this guitar here soon:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-DLXJRVO-Deluxe-Jr.-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=517529

everything about it is perfect for what I need the ONLY thing I don't like is the Pearl Binding around the body...thats the only thing that urks me... Is there a way I can get it painted? Like a solid blood red color or just solid black? How would I go about doing this and should I try to find a specific place to get it done? I would definately want it done professionally. Thanks for any info!
Well the binding will be sealed under clear coat so do change the colour of it would require a refinish, which would cost a lot of money.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Templar0220
hmm.. ok... where could I go to get that done and how much do you think it might cost?

You could....mask off the binding (so it is exposed) then use some pinstriping enamel to paint the binding area red etc.

Pinstriping enamel does not require sanding etc. Take advice on it from where you buy it.

Look to use "On Shot" pinstriping enamel or House of Kolor if you are feeling flush.

A full refinish, could easily cost as much as the guitar.

One Shot enamels
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Nov 17, 2009,
I have a friend who just said that he could easily sand off the binding part and paint it any color I want, gloss coating and everything. He paints cars, and all whole bunch of stuff at a shop so I trust him, but is it all as easy as that sounds? Is there anything specific I need to warn him about? I mean he said hed do it for $20 (!) which is awesome, but I want to make sure it comes out looking professional...
well you cant really "sand" off the binding because it is a piece of plastic or something else fitted in a channel that is routed around the body.

see if he could do what skeet said, masking everything off except the binding and using pinstriping enamel.

or just deal with it. cause the binding actually makes the guitar look better
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Schecter C-1+
Squier '51 (blonde with black pickguard)
Fender Super Champ XD