Hi guys. two quick questions:

1. When you are playing a song you're making up in a particular key, is it fine to change key later on in a song, or isn't it recommended?

2. When you make up a Chord progression for a song, do you try and stick to this all the way, or do you make songs with a few progressions?
1. it is okay, but make sure YOU think it sounds fine where you put it.
2. i personally stick with the same progression, but that doesn't mean that i've progressed as a musician by doing that!
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Do what sounds good to you. There aren't any rules in music, at least it shouldn't be.
If it sounds good do it!
Really i would study a little theory and how chords relate,. This is something I'm studying myself...modulating...changing keys. You could use a pivot chord (chord that belongs to both preceding key and the new key you're going to) to make the transition. Once you know the rules your confidence will build and you can break the rules.
Some people like Rikki Rooksby Songwriting books...maybe check out a good theory book.

good luck!
Thanks guys. I'll try and think up something once im ready to make my own songs up. I've only been playing for 6 months, and pretty much the last 2 months have been used on little bits of theory, and i wanna learn it all at some point lol. I hope i can get good enough to solo and stuff within the next year.
learn some scales. i have NO idea what theory is and what it means and what-not. i've been playing for 2 years and know chords, scales, and how chords are put together, but i'm in 3 bands, which is basically all you need to know.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Well I find single progression songs to be a little boring, and changing keys midway through a song can either sound right or wrong so it depends on the context and what sort of sound you want.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Yeah it's fine to change key's and it's definitely fine to have more than one chord progression, in fact it's expected. I usually try to have more like three, a verse, chorus, and maybe a bridge.