Should I buy? Does anyone have one and have any opinions on it?
no
no
and no

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
i have the six string in red chameleon and it is amazing, plays well, the pickups are pretty good. the only thing though is that it can be hard to play if you are not used to holding odd shaped guitars.
I bought mine before the 7 string came out. Its pretty nice. People say the Edge III are no good, but i've had no problems with it and i've had it for almost 2 years now.

My only issue was the placement of the strap buttons caused neck dive, but I found some tutorials about moving them and fixing that, so its all taken care of.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by theogonia777
i have the six string in red chameleon and it is amazing, plays well, the pickups are pretty good. the only thing though is that it can be hard to play if you are not used to holding odd shaped guitars.

What are the strings that come with it like? atm I have these bad ones which really dig in my fingers and I'm hoping it doesn't. Or can you advise some good ones.
I've only got experience playing them in stores but, even so, I really liked them. The XPT700FX (fixed bridge 6-string) was my favorite. Great feeling neck (it was nice to play something finished fora change) and really good sounding pickups.

I've got a feeling that if I ever come across a XPT700FX for cheap enough on CL I'll pull the trigger.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I play the XPT-700XH (the 27-fret model) and I have to say it is absolutely amazing. I have a hard time playing any other guitar because of the amazing playability of my Xiphos. The thin neck and amazing accessibility to the upper fretboard is soooo nice. Especially if you play metal like I do
Let alone it is one of the best looking guitars made.
Last edited by Techofthegods at Nov 18, 2009,
Xiphos isn't for me, but is pretty nice along the series. The Iceman isn't for me either, but the Destroyer could be, and they are almost exactly the same minus shapes.

If the Destroyer is extended like the Xiphos series, I'd save up and buy one.