I love blues like SRV, Albert King, BB King etc, Jazz like James Brown, Marcus Miller (even though he's a bassist but eh ) Rock like Jimi, RHCP, RATM, Metal, Metallica, Slayer, Opeth, LoG etc. and hell, I even like Rap like Eminem.

What kind of guitar would you reccomend me? Budget say, around £300-£500?

Edit, also amp, in £200-£300 range
Last edited by Lollage123 at Nov 17, 2009,
Probably an HSS strat, even though i'm tired of seeing fenders.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I would suggest some sort of Les Paul, or a fender. You can get fenders with Humbuckers. Try a Stat with an HSS configuration, or a Les Paul. Ibanez is good too because almost all of them come with floyd rose tremelos, but they come with crappy pups which you can just change out for whatever suits you. But Fender or Les Paul would be your best shot without customizing.
The Jackson Dinky with the HSS combo. More output than an HSS Fender, and looks way better, IMO.

Also plays better IMO.
Silly question though, does the humbucker really make that much of a differencei n the HSS strat?
It'll give you a thicker distorted sound which you will probably want for the heavier stuff. To be honest though, I much prefer SSS Strats, but that will be a bit twangier than you may want when you play Metallica etc.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
It'll give you a thicker distorted sound which you will probably want for the heavier stuff. To be honest though, I much prefer SSS Strats, but that will be a bit twangier than you may want when you play Metallica etc.

Same, visually also.. I would go for the SSS strat but I dunno what it'll be like on metal, through a good all round amp (suggestions?)
Quote by Lollage123
Same, visually also.. I would go for the SSS strat but I dunno what it'll be like on metal, through a good all round amp (suggestions?)

On a budget, you REALLY can't beat a Line 6 Flextone. They are great amps and go dirt cheap for some reason. I've considered getting one to leave in my bands practise area.

I like single coils for metal...in fact, I often play metal with my Tele rather than my Ibanez's or Swing. Makes it sound a bit unique.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Les Paul
Ibanez Art series if you're on more of a budget
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
you could maybe look into a peavey vypyr, they r versitle(havent tryed to get a blues sound but great for metallica and soft rock.