does anybody feel any of the current stickys need a revamping? maybe we could make some kind of central thread that links to important threads instead of having 9 stickys? any suggestions welcome, this place needs a clean up.
I'm of the opinion that we should replace the Audacity questions thread with a Reaper one instead, the drums and gear threads are both severely out of date and should be unstickied or replaced entirely imho.

The recording software thread doesnt need to be there either because its basically just a big confusing list with no direction, you can find all that stuff if you google 'sequencer'.

A central sticky would be a good idea.
Reaper Topic over Audacity topic for sure. This is one of the biggest issues a few of us guys have been trying to combat.

I'm up for writing a drum processing article pretty soon also. It's been something I've been planning for a while.
I'm also gonna do a vocal mixing/production article at some point after that too, but that feels far less essential.

I also agree with a central sticky.
ok, so first orders of business;

- i've closed and unstuck the software thread and the drum programs thread.

- if there's anybody that would like to volunteer to make a more coherent and helpful version of the software thread that'd be great.

- if anyone would like to start up a Reaper questions thread that would also be great, i've unstuck the Audacity FAQ.

lets get some more suggestions/opinions flowing here guys.
I'll cover the Reaper topic, perhaps the software thread too.

I'm busy till thursday evening though so it'll have to wait a bit.
I wouldn't mind a Cubase thread but it doesn't have to be stickied, I can do that myself. This forum has been pretty lifeless for a while. AxemanChris would post useful stuff and its weird to actually see mods in here now, I don't think the mod that was here before Mikey/Jof ever did anything. My two thoughts......

-VST amp thread is great

-I think the Recording FAQ should be updated, I think a lot has changed since '06 and it could be improved upon. Geared more toward the complete rookies.....
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
I can remake the software thread with actual useful info since I am the creator of said thread.
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!
A Reaper thread will be so much more useful than a Audacity thread, I mean, who would choose Audacity over Reaper!

I like the amp vst thread, its very good for people who want to know more about them and its well written!

I think that more stuff for complete beginners at recording would be good as well.
Sorry guys, I don't come on UG much these days so I haven't been maintaining the drum thread very well, good that the R&R forum is getting cleaned up tho, it's been sorely in need of an active mod.
Quote by sam i am
Sorry guys, I don't come on UG much these days so I haven't been maintaining the drum thread very well, good that the R&R forum is getting cleaned up tho, it's been sorely in need of an active mod.

This.

I was in a very slow process of coming up (started in 2006!) with a new FAQ thread for audacity, which never really took any sort of shape, then we discovered that in the interim the official audacity team wrote their own wiki, which is pretty helpful.

In the central 'recording links' sticky, please could you include a link to the audacity wiki page?

http://wiki.audacityteam.org

Good luck with the reaper guide.