Hey could you guys recommend me a fuzz pedal to get? Budget is $150 and I'm looking to get sounds similar to Japandroids, The Pains of Being Pure at heart, and the Depreciation Guild.

Thanks
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Big muff or little big muff. Both a bit cheaper than your budget. But great none the less.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
A lot of indie bands use the [russian/sovtek, mainly?] big muff, some of them use distortion pedals with tone backed off, or '60s - '90s fuzz/distortion pedals that aren't available anymore.

I saw Pains of Being Pure at Heart and Japandroids live before, I don't remember much about their setup, other than the generic Fender Jazzmaster and Marshall/Vox/Fender Bassman stuff, although a big muff through a tube amp would do fine for an indie fuzz tone.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Last edited by Sopheydood at Nov 17, 2009,
I'm not familar with any of those bands, but definately check out the Z.vex fuzz factory
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
+1 on the Fuzz factory

also, if you have any experience building pedals or even just soldering experience, generalguitargadgets.com puts out a killer Fuzz pedal
fuzz factory is a little over the top. i russian or regular big muff/with or without wicker would do you excellent.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff