Jimmy Page in da house, haha.

In all seriousness, there are some major differences between this and the hornet tonally. It has a mellower sound. Less twangy and with both pups on, I daresay it has a decent overdriven tone for rock.

The neck is much more substantial. Not really surprising on a guitar that's supposed to be a knockoff of a late 50's design. Sucky part is that they went as far as to put the truss rod adjustment in the base of the neck. But it's a cool little guitar. I just spent the better part of an hour and a half with the guitar in pieces and a can of brasso trying to de-satin/de-relic the finish.

The qualit of the wood used in the fretboard was also much much better, which I wasn't expecting.
sweet looking! I love the 12 string version, though ive never played the 6 string. I heard there great for slide to, as Jimmy so well showed...
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
That is so sweet. I've never seen another one than the one that Page used. Happy new guitar day.
Nice! Always loved Page's but I've never seen another one.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
congrats, thats a beautiful specimen you have there.
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
Thanks guys. Enough brasso and scrubbing has gotten the top nice and glossy enough to see some reflections in it. Dano's in the making guitars business but only in a really small way these days. I was looking for a Korean reissue from the late 90's with the stacked knobs but I wasn't willing to pay $600. Then I found out they were reissuing these again in limited numbers (6 per dealer of 5 different models) so I went ahead and preordered one.

I'm actually not that huge a page fan (at least not as much as some folks) but I wanted something different to play around with.
Last edited by Hydra26 at Nov 17, 2009,
Nice, HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
They're cool as hell IMO. I think that Dano's are unique both in tone and looks and proof you can get a great tone for cheap.

As you said though, the Korean reissues were great. I'm thinking about getting one myself.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Just like Jimmy Page's when he played 'In my Time of Dying' at Earl's Court. I demand a video of you playing that... now.
This is gonna sound funny/weird/dumb, but although I like some of their songs, I don't consider myself a huge zep fan so I don't know how to play a lot of them.
Very cool. I've got the same model. Mine has different tuners though. Not sure if the original owner changed them though because the tuners on mine suck.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
HNGD

i own a 63 dano(for looks), i was also pleasently suprised.

truss rod is a bugger though.

enjoy
Quote by Duv
I personally thought these felt a bit thin, and on the one I tried the pickups were at different volumes.

Maybe I just played a bad one.

HNGD.

Thanks. Yep, mine's kinda the same unless you dime both the vol and tone on both pups. I didn't have a chance to try one beforehand, but I watched a LOT of youtube videos, haha.

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Awesomeness! I haven't seen a new gear danny since...well probably since mine! Looks good. Congrats!

Thanks, TOLD ya I was looking for one

Everyone else, thanks for looking (and kickstartkiss, the TR is a pain on this one too)