i found out i was getting a tele for christmas so i did some snooping around. i found this long thin hard case and opened it up. i saw a telecaster body with a brownish finish (which i've never seen on a tele) with a black pick guard. i moved my eyes up the neck expecting to see fender on the head. instead, i find in the single word, blaze. i lost almost all of my excitement.

so i was thinking, who the hell is blaze and are they any good?

anyone know?
haha! that's one of the coolest things i've seen.

i've looked on google. theres not much. just a website selling them but the one i have isn't on there.
Never heard of Blaze guitars. Call around to your local guitar shops and find out if it's something they got locally or off an infomercial.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
This is my biggest fear of asking my parents to buy me anything guitar related. They'll hear one word of what I asked for go to a shop and chose something that vaguely resembles it believing it'll be the exact same. I buy my own gear now-adays.
Yup, all I ask for (guitar related) is strings. So far that one hasn't bit me in the ass.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I cant even ask for strings. Out of 4 tries I have had a bass pack, a 12 string pack, and a cheap set of "rare" phosphors that I cant even begin to describe. Worst of it is I showed my parents the set I needed on guitar center.com and also wrote out the name so they could just show the person at the counter. Needless to say my parents were going to buy me a new electric until I told them just give me the cash. They were going to get me a danelectro dead on 67 or something rather. For metal.
To make a long story short dont trust parents with musical stuff unless they play.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What happens if they buy you a pack of bass strings?

It's probably a long shot but did the word Blaze look anything like one on these guitars http://www.buddyblaze.com/BB-Instruments.php

no, it was more ibanez like.

that's the website i looked at. would the ones on that site be different than mine?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Well if they're not the same company then god yes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkzDMn-Vtv8 Try seeing if this guy has a similar Blaze guitar but meh aside from that I think you've got an unknown brand of guitar or your parents were kind enough to get a private luthier to build you a guitar.

they're different.

i doubt my parents spent the money to get me a guitar built. i guess i just got an unknown brand. when i finally do get it i'll try to put up some pics.

thanks for the help though.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What happens if they buy you a pack of bass strings?
Well, it'll finally have bitten me in the ass then.

Typically I just keep the packaging from my string changes in November and hand em over to my parents in December with the instructions: Get these.
Quote by Marty Friedman
OK, I could be talking COMPLETELY out of my ass here, but I have a vague recollection of playing a Blaze Telecaster when I was living in Korea. It was domestically made and, like 95% of Korean guitars I played out there, surprisingly good. I think if it's the same company, you're plain sailing, as it destroyed even some MiJ Fenders I've played.

Do you remember if the hardcase was a Blaze hardcase or just a generic one? Just thinking...I've never seen a cheap guitar come with a hardcase, so that could be a good sign.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay