I was thinking about getting one of these for all the sweet tones, and recording and such. And I've also thought about getting an ISP Decimator becomes my Randall has quite a loud hiss when you crank it up, and when I have it mic'd, of course the hiss is gonna be louder coming out of the PA speakers. Anyways, I read on musicians friend that the Line 6 Pod XT has a noise gate built into it. Could I put it in front of my guitar, going to the Randall, and use it as a Noise Gate pedal alone, or does some kind of effect or amp model have to be on at the same time to use the noise gate feature? It'd be rad if I could kill 2 birds with one stone, and use the Line 6 for it's sweet tones while recording, plus use it as a noise gate when I play live using the Randall. So is any of that possible, or should I just get a normal Noise Gate pedal?
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
yeah it has a decent noise gate.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
And you can use it alone without having to run any other effects built into the pedal?
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Why not just buy a noise gate for less...?

It's decent, nothing too epic or shoddy, but you don't need to use any effects but I belive you need to use an amp and cab selection, you do with 2.0
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
i got an ISP and its seriously awesome. took me a little tiny while to get used to but it'll be way better than a multieffects pedal's noise gate.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
you can use the gate alone on the XT live at least, just have to turn everything else off, but it's very do-able
it's got a bad bypass though, so maybe a pedal would be better
however, it's still great to have =) if i were you, i'd get the XT, and then later on get a noise gate if you really want one
^ +1
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.