I was thinking that the best way to appreciate music would be to be blind.
You would have no reason to care about image, fashion, promotion, album art or anything like that.
So your judgement of music would be solely based on what it sounded like, which is argueably what should be the case for everyone.

What do you think, that music should be based on sound alone?
Or are all the cultures and styles surrounding music as or more than important than the music itself?

Got the idea whilst reading this
music is more important.

if you didn't have the music, you'd just be staring at 4-9 guys on a stage doing nothing but posing. and thats not fun to watch, is it?
Quote by AvengedFoghat
music is more important.

if you didn't have the music, you'd just be staring at 4-9 guys on a stage doing nothing but posing. and thats not fun to watch, is it?

Ever seen a fashion show?
Music is important. However, fashion/culture is important as well as it spawns styles and influence on other things. Plus, no one likes ugly people.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Turkeyburger
Ever seen a fashion show?

no.

I mean, you wouldn't go to a show where there are "bands" playing, and see a bunch of guys strut. that's what you see fashion shows for.
Quote by X\Chazza/X
I was thinking that the best way to appreciate music would be to be blind.

Take a fork to your eyes and let's find out

(^ the end of the world)
I think the best way to be a music fan is to be as open-minded as possible. And look past the image (unless you happen to like the image).
MATTERHORN
Quote by Highway60Bob
Music is important. However, fashion/culture is important as well as it spawns styles and influence on other things. Plus, no one likes ugly people.

As you were saying
Led Zeppelin aren't ugly so,...I have no idea what you mean by posting that picture..
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Image, fashion and promotion are a huge part of a lot of music though. Look at David Bowie, for instance. Not that the music isn't great, but part of what made him so interesting was his image, and he's certainly not the only musician for whom that can be said.
Quote by Highway60Bob
Led Zeppelin aren't ugly so,...I have no idea what you mean by posting that picture..

It's John Bonham mostly, he looks nasty with that mustache. But he was a hell of a drummer.
Quote by darkcheef
It's John Bonham mostly, he looks nasty with that mustache. But he was a hell of a drummer.

however you could refute my statement with 1973 Pink Floyd. They were probably one of the ugliest and famous bands ever.
Quote by ultimatedaver
ehh, I don't let image make me like a band less, but it can make me like a band more.

and if you were blind, youd still hear about which musicians were assholes and all that
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones