Anyone have any links or comments on how to wire in a colored light to my amp's chassis so that the MFer lights up inside when I turn it on? I'm contemplating it, but I haven't decided for certain yet.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
like this?

i cut out 5150 in a piece of cardboard and put wax paper in front of it and then the grill in front of that. inside the amp there is a red led bar i got from walmart.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
how did you wire in the LED?
interested
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

how to wire a LED?
well, theres only two wires dude, it aint so hard.
ohh, hint: the long leg on a LED is the anode, or +.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
there are 2 wires coming from the led. i connected them to a standard stompbox type adapter and connected it to the daisy chain of my pedalboard
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
there are 2 wires coming from the led. i connected them to a standard stompbox type adapter and connected it to the daisy chain of my pedalboard

I can see that as being fairly annoying.

I think TS wants to have it wired into his amp, so when It turns on light comes on. Am I Right?
Also, Princess Auto has tons of bar light, for cheap.
Any computer shop will sell them also.
..I was watching my death.
Well that depends on what amp he has to know what voltages are available inside of it.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
the way i did it isnt really annoying. theres just a wire coming out the back coming to my pedalboard. theres already 3 other cable running to my pedalboard anyway so it doesnt really get in the way

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think the only usable voltage inside the amp for a LED is the 6,3 volts which goes to the heaters and on/off lamp.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by Daneeka
I think the only usable voltage inside the amp for a LED is the 6,3 volts which goes to the heaters and on/off lamp.

I thought of putting it on the on/off or standby lamps in Math class today. You have just confirmed my theory.

Now, I wish I had a head that I could put a light in...
I have 2 awesome colour changing lights, which I bought at Princess auto, meant for a car.
..I was watching my death.
All you gotta do is wire all the LEDs to a wall-wart. Take the wall-wart out of it's casing and wire the primary of the transformer straight to the line input on the amp's pcb. Find a way to mount the wall-wart guts and you're done.

you can wire the LEDs in two ways.

Either in parallel to the power (and a single resistor in series with the power) or you can wire them all in series and not need a resisistor. 3 LEDs for every 9 volts of power from the wall-wart. so you'd need a 24v adapter for just 6 LEDs.

Wiring them in parallel is the best option, though since you'd just need a 1k resistor, 9v adapter, and as many LEDs as you want.