hasn't got a name yet, hmm.

Guitars: Solo_C
Bass: Ampeg SVX
Drums: AD
Vocals: Behringer B2 + Some was done on a Rode NT1a
Synth: Poizone

This is the first song I mixed in Cubase and not fruity loops. Was able to hear it clearly because I wasnt running AD whilst mixing in FLstudio haha.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1600418/Seans%20Music/Seans%20New%20Song%20mix%201%203.mp3

NEW MIX:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1600418/Seans%20Music/Home%20-%20Final.mp3
Last edited by seanington at Dec 23, 2009,
Everything was pretty slick. I really like the way the synth works with the guitar. Only thing i could say to change would be to have the singing be a little bit more structured with the beat. The voice itself was fantastic, however. Keep up the good work.
Quote by metallicafan616
fial

Quote by Kevin97220
lol anything divided by zero is zero, why did you need a calculator for that?
Sounding great, really professional sounding, the mixing was great! Pretty cool song, all flowed nicely, and I liked the lyrics. And your voice, that was great, i'd really love to be able to sing like that, and the quality sounded pretty good considering you don't seem to be entirley happy with the equipment you're using for it, haha. Just slightly off beat at times as mentioned before.

Keep up the good work, man!
More care with the vocal performance, the timing issues basically and this is good stuff. I think you should have some low cut on the guitars and pull them back slightly in the mix, as it is now the bass has no real space of its own. The synth sounds were all good.

You have the same basic problem that a lot of mixes has, it's disjointed. Since you have that massive reverb on the snare, the vocals are relatively dry and the guitars are totally in your face all the time it doesn't sound as if they belong together. I'd suggest pulling back on the room mics on the AD to get the drum sound drier and then add small amounts of buss reverb to the snare and overheads only (if you're using multiple out). Send the bass and drums to a dedicated stereo buss and add some buss compression (if you have access to the Waves SSL4000 buss compressor it's awesome for this). If you haven't created a buss for the guitars that might be a good idea to. Add some of the buss reverb and cut some of the lows to make room for the bass.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
reminds me of abandon all ships a bit... just cause of the synth. the vocals are good but off in some parts. it sounds pretty awsome. there should be more sceaming, and a breakdown. i was kinda disappointed that there was no screaming. its pretty decent overall
wow sounds REALLY GOOD. I love the synths with the guitars and the drums are pretty good too. You did everything yourself??

one small thing...i feel you could put more emotion into the vocals. yell it or scream it at parts. or maybe sing at a higher octave, if you can.

but yeah good job.

would you like to check out mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235483
Quote by ebon00
More care with the vocal performance, the timing issues basically and this is good stuff. I think you should have some low cut on the guitars and pull them back slightly in the mix, as it is now the bass has no real space of its own. The synth sounds were all good.

You have the same basic problem that a lot of mixes has, it's disjointed. Since you have that massive reverb on the snare, the vocals are relatively dry and the guitars are totally in your face all the time it doesn't sound as if they belong together. I'd suggest pulling back on the room mics on the AD to get the drum sound drier and then add small amounts of buss reverb to the snare and overheads only (if you're using multiple out). Send the bass and drums to a dedicated stereo buss and add some buss compression (if you have access to the Waves SSL4000 buss compressor it's awesome for this). If you haven't created a buss for the guitars that might be a good idea to. Add some of the buss reverb and cut some of the lows to make room for the bass.

This is good crit

The guitars are low passed at 120hz from memory, I have been told I've got way too much low end on the guitars. I am doing a newer mix and I took a alot of the bad compression I had on all the drums, snare is sounding like a snare now. And I've also brought the bass volume up

I can't afford the waves plugins and my net way too slow to torrent anything large

I also bought a Rode NT1a so we should be getting better sounding vocals in future.

thanks heaps man.
Everything sounded great besides the drums. Not enough bass, the snare sounds kind of muffled, and the bass drum is really wet sounding. The synths are badass. I also love the riffs, sounds like Misery Signals. I think the off-time singing sounds unique, your voice is a nice break from the awful high-pitched girl vox you usually hear from typical metalcore. A good scream could also be put in here. Great song! I thought it was epic. Drums need a little work in my opinion.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248509
Last edited by v2a2n2g2 at Dec 23, 2009,
i actually love this track!
nout bad i can say about it

****ING KUDOS!!
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Awesome song! really love the new mix

Do you mind me asking how you got the fading effect at the intro? I never really got that

Excellent song
never mind. the vocals do not sound weird anymore..:P great production
This is just plainly awesome! The vocals are spot on; I love how they are a little lower and deeper than the typical post-hxc vocals. The guitars are very full and the riffs flow beautifully. It even changes up from each verse instead of playing the same riff, which shows good songwriting abilities. The chorus is catchy, especially with the delay on the vocals.

This really sounds pro, I would pay for this if you made a CD. I'm downloading for my own personal usage Great job man!
I'm having a little trouble hearing the vocals, and personally I think they should maybe be a TINY bit louder. Other than that everything sounds great!
Thank you soo ****ing much guys I'm spending alot of time on this trying to get it as good as possible before even touching the master channel.

Alot of the vocals are were done on the behringer. Gonna re do them try and get it perfect with the Rode.

Snare is more cracky/poppy now to.

and to the guy asking about the intro, its just and Automated Lo-pass filter on the master, it gradually goes back to normal when the snare roll at the start hits.
Last edited by seanington at Dec 26, 2009,
Sounds really good man. Like, the mixing is really good. Synths and guitars are sick. Vocals are great as well. The song itself though seems a bit mediocre in my opinion. There's a really cool sounding riff about half way through. But still, nice one.
Last edited by Seb1uk at Dec 27, 2009,