Page 1 of 2
So today in my powertraining class (basically weight lifting), a couple of guys from the Marines came in. Tuesdays we usually do cardio instead of lifting, so they did one of their workouts with us. After about 20 minutes, most of us were felt like we were about to die. I blew chunks back in the locker room afterward.

Pit, i ask you, does anybody know why you throw up after a rediculously intense workout?

I'll add, i now have a new respect for these guys, they must have balls of steel! And for the purposes of this thread, discuss vomit stories/marine badassery.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
iv done that before, bak when i was training for hockey intensely
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Im not entirely sure why it happens, but its nothing serious, obviously. It happens to everyone.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
I don't know why either, but there have been several times where I ran continuously and felt like I was going to throw up.

Maybe its the movement that causes nausea, like how somebody gets sea sickness.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
i get sometimes lightheaded when i work out, and also i yawn alot when i workout sometimes so maybe you can just release some of your lunch while yawning xD
I did it once
after running a cross
country meet
in the intense heat.
Needless to say
I never run any more.

I figured I would answer your question in the form of a poorly written poem to make things more interesting
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
OMG first day of summer football camp at school at 5:00AM trainers from TITUS (workout company) came in and said 20 sprints up and down the field (100 yds / aprrox 90 meters) and we were like dead on the 2nd one but we finished...around like 7ish I threw up, not breakfast just stomach acid....
if you ever played football, and never threw up during training camp... your team didnt practice hard enough
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by mooney99
not enough water in your system man... that'll do it for sure

haha those tht said tht and drank water threw up straight up water
i ran cross country from 7th grade to senior year. after every race i usually threw up or was very, very close to doing so. if i didnt throw up, it meant i probably wasnt trying that hard, or i lucked out and there was no one around me near the finish.

the worst was when youd start puking before you finished the race. trying to sprint to the finish line and not puke on yourself or the other runners is tougher than youd think. plus everyone stands on either side of the finish line, so youre basically running down a tunnel of people puking all over the place =/
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
if you ever played football, and never threw up during training camp... your team didnt practice hard enough

nah more like their team was in shape and yours wasnt
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Sometimes the first thing I do in the morning is throw up. No hangover, either.

I dont exercise/play sports.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by huskyplayer
haha those tht said tht and drank water threw up straight up water

Yep.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by mooney99
not enough water in your system man... that'll do it for sure

Yea, i know thats true, although personally i was pretty well hydrated today. I've heard such things as that the lactic acid in your body messes up your pH, or that your body is just tired and wants you to stop.
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by rabidguitarist

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Yeah training alot harder than youre used to can make you hurl...

Millitary guys came to my school last week but they brought a giant blow up obstacle course and it was sweet, except i got rugburn from it. The hardest thing that we did were team pushups (where 4 people put their legs on the next persons back to make a square) but they weren't required.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Never actually thrown up. I've had dry heaves a couple times, but never actually blew chunks.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by barden1069
I did it once
after running a cross
country meet
in the intense heat.
Needless to say
I never run any more.

I figured I would answer your question in the form of a poorly written poem to make things more interesting

Did you just rhyme?
i've had a couple sessions where apparently i turned slightly greensih... but then my mate coulda been just bulls***ing me.
Otherwise, though i'd imagine it happens not an odd thing really... i guess really it's a sign that you're training hard?
Ive never thrown up from a workout but I have felt really nauseous after doing suicides in hockey.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
now prepare yourself for this one, but it is because you are remarkably dehydrated.

now you might think 'if im dehydrated then i shouldn't be puking or it'll get worse'
well that's because you have reached a point where you are so physically exhausted that the build up of acid and other crap causes you not to think clearly. The massive increase in acid in your system changes your pH and that is bad. body's last ditch effort is to puke it out.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Aug 28, 2010,
Quote by crimson205
i get sometimes lightheaded when i work out, and also i yawn alot when i workout sometimes so maybe you can just release some of your lunch while yawning xD

That's just to cool your brain down
LOL.

Your body isnt used to the cardio because you have no stamina. The end result is you, and several others who don't like to run throwing up.

My first week of boxing I threw up a few times. Shit felt like bootcamp.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
You shouldn't be throwing up after a workout =P. I threw up one time after a cross country race because they weren't giving out the ribbons fast enough and for some reason if I stop right after a run like that, I feel incredibly nauseaous, and need to walk around in circles .
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Wesseem actually makes a suprising amount of sense. I also didnt get a good cool down, could abruptly ending the workout lead to nausea?
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by rabidguitarist

I only throw up when I drink or go to an all you can eat buffet. I intend to keep it that way.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Last edited by speakers at Nov 17, 2009,
Mix of dehydration and loss of circulation.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Does anyone else enjoy throwing up after an intense workout? Like obviously it sucks at the moment you puke and nausea beforehand but five minutes after, i get a bit of water, and I feel really good afterwards.

Dunno, just wondering if anyone else ever had that?
when you start exercise your body diverts blood from the non vital organs to the working muscles. so the blood that was being sent to your stomache that was digesting your breakfast was sent to your muscles. its called vascular shunt. so with your stomache not processing the food the body will try to get rid of it. now that explains why you feel/are sick just after starting exercise streight after eating.

when you are sick after training or during training it is normal a combination of factors, such as dehydration, slightly higher blood ph, vascular shunt and your body telling you to stop.
Quote by eldanny
Look, if you keep this up I'm going to have to call the lifeguard to remove you from the genepool.

Quote by Icehawk217
Does anyone else enjoy throwing up after an intense workout? Like obviously it sucks at the moment you puke and nausea beforehand but five minutes after, i get a bit of water, and I feel really good afterwards.

Dunno, just wondering if anyone else ever had that?

Yeah, it makes me feel like I actually just did some work.
I'm the captain of my school's ultimate frisbee team and my sprint workout tonight made two rookies puke.
Quote by deanwad
Wesseem actually makes a suprising amount of sense. I also didnt get a good cool down, could abruptly ending the workout lead to nausea?

i was actually going to mention that but figured nah.

anyways when you work out your blood vessels dilate and a huge amount of perfusion occurs. since your blood pressure is so high you begin to filter more blood rather than reabsorb fluid which just adds to the dehydration. also puking will try to reduce your temperature.

Dilation of your blood vessels though serve to cool your blood down by bringing it further away from your core. I wouldn't imagine that stopping your workout abruptly would do anything though unless you mean something other than what i'm thinking. But basically if you work out to the point that you feel sick and puke then do NOT drink gatorade or any vitamin drink right away. drink water and drink it very slowly and in small quantities till you feel a bit better. you do this to make sure you rehydrate but drinking too fast can cause you to puke, and you don't want that.

edit: also a little tidbit, the gatorade they have for football players is actually very dilute to prevent them from puking.

edit 2: to the person below. you are correct. Puking actually isn;t a huge deal, but it is not a good thing. you don't need to workout to the point of feeling like shit to know it's a good work out. If anything you're going to cause damage cause the acid in your stomach will cause damage to your esophagus. you also cause an increase in cortisol (stress). just overall not good.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by gibsonpenguin
I'm the captain of my school's ultimate frisbee team and my sprint workout tonight made two rookies puke.

not sure if serious I don't know what goes on in America/(your country) but I hope to god ultimate frisbee exists and if it doesn't I am going to be shattered and humiliated...
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
I would guess at endorphins stimulating the CTZ and postrema similar to the way exogenous opioids do. It definitely correlates with overexertion, which is when it usually happens, as is your case. Course nobody really knows, hence the myriad explanations you've already had.

Never vomited because of excercise myself.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Last edited by VANGELIS! at Nov 18, 2009,
Quote by namesroverrated
Never actually thrown up. I've had dry heaves a couple times, but never actually blew chunks.

I could punch you in the jejunum (sp?)
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by speakers
not sure if serious I don't know what goes on in America/(your country) but I hope to god ultimate frisbee exists and if it doesn't I am going to be shattered and humiliated...

It does. It's like American football but with a frisbee, and instead of downs you have to stop running when you have the frisbee and remain stationary. Oh, and there's no tackling. So basically you have to throw a frisbee down a field without dropping it or the other team intercepting it, and you can't move when you're holding the frisbee.

It's pretty fun.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2