I'm unhappy with this one. It didn't do what I wanted it to do, didn't come out how I thought it would. There's one more.

One
Two
Three

I shouldn't share a last name with you.
I shouldn't have the right to call you family,
to say I love you.
Ever.
I'm not sure why I drove so far to say this,
to say all this when all I could say when it counted was "That's cool.",
to say I'm sorry for never listening,
for never really having a conversation with you.
All I knew was a name and a face.

I bent down and placed a small white flower by his grave, shouldn't have the right to do that, either. Stepped back and breathed for the first time in a couple minutes and wished to hell I could have said all that to his face. Wished I didn't even have to say it.

Oh and by the way, Mercedes is going to start making the Gullwing again.
The old ones are so much prettier.

I meant it that time, I really did.

I mean that this time, I really do.

I did, I promise. That was the most beautiful car ever made.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
I read the entire series so far and it is clear that this is coming from a very real place. I can definitely relate to these pieces and the heartwrenching regret. I thought the first three were very consistent, concise, and economical and the fact that you used three pieces to set up this piece (instead of two or four) was a smart choice: it was the right dose for me to see where you were taking this but not be bombarded with it either.

I loved this piece for its honesty and vulnerability. After reading the first three in a row and then this one, it can definitely tug at your heartstrings because, as I said before, you set this one up beautifully through the previous three. I had a feeling where you were taking this series and that feeling was validated with this piece. I look forward to reading the final part.
here, My Dear, here it is