I'm looking for a tube amp (pref 5 watts or less) for my dorm room. I want something that has really good cleans, preferably with reverb. I'm going for an RHCP, John Mayer, Minus The Bear kind of tone. It would be nice if it had decent drive but that's not really a priority. I'd like to keep it under $300 give or take. Suggestions over it are a bit are alright if you think it's really worth spending the extra cash. Suggestions?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
vox ac-4 ALL THE WAY.
its perfect for you. literally perfect
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
If you could get a Fender Blues Junior used, that'd be a great amp. 5 watts all-tube, spring reverb. Not much more you could ask for out of a small tube combo.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I have a Fender champ 600 for that exact reason, and it's great for the price. Run a tele through it and it sounds like heaven. However, if you can get the vox or the blues junior, they are a little nicer and have more features.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I don't know what a Blackheart would run you (seems to vary a bit on location) but they're good amps for clean and drive. Probably a bit more of a Led Zep kind of drive than a Mayer kind of drive if that helps you any.
Quote by barden1069
I have a Fender champ 600 for that exact reason, and it's great for the price. Run a tele through it and it sounds like heaven. However, if you can get the vox or the blues junior, they are a little nicer and have more features.

I've tried the VOX and I thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely check out the amps you guys recommended.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.