first off, its an epiphone vintage g-400. its an ok guitar for a beginner. now that i have my fender strat and gibson les paul and am a little bit better than when i started, i wanna upgrade it just for kicks. i have a few questions about doing so.

for the nut, i found a graphtech one that is spaced at 1/4" and the one on my sg right now is spaced at 1.6". i have no clue if those are the same size or what. im guessing its metric as its an epiphone now that im thinking about it.

for everything else, i wanted to swap out for gibson parts (bridge with saddles, stop peice, tuners). Would those fit on the epiphone?

i ordered a dimarzio (dont know if i spelt it right) input jack for it. i used the input jack for another guitar that needed it and thought "well, this guitars etting a makeover, what the hell". will that fit?

and last question. im thinking about seymour duncan 1959 blues pick ups. If im correct, the pick ups will fit as long as i use the humbucker ring for it right? and the screws and springs to connect it?

please help me out with this. its my first build and i would like to make it good help and constructive criticism is welcomed. thanks in advanced.

p.s. i want a bluesy classic rock sound. kinda like jimi hendrix's.
and i have a fender hot rod deluxe amp. anyways, thanks guys
everything that you listed seems like it should work just fine
“I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD. And drugs are not central to my life.”

-Dr. Timothy Leary
alright sweet man thanks! i read about some guy and his pacifica bridge being spaced different and got scared about my plans. hahaha but what a relief thanks!
Gibson parts don't fit on Epiphones-but there's a ton of aftermarket metric stuff. grab a tonepros metric bridge and tailpiece set and you're set there.
The input jack will fit, but I'd suggest getting a flat jackplate for it.
I think you might be better off with a Custom 5 in the bridge position for what you play, but they'll fit fine.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Gibson parts don't fit on Epiphones-but there's a ton of aftermarket metric stuff. grab a tonepros metric bridge and tailpiece set and you're set there.
The input jack will fit, but I'd suggest getting a flat jackplate for it.
I think you might be better off with a Custom 5 in the bridge position for what you play, but they'll fit fine.

your my hero!! i almost dropped a hundred diollars on gibson parts. but now i found a tonepros metric set (bridge and stop peice) for 130. its only like 20 bucks more but at least itll fit ahah.
ok im gonna sound like the worlds biggest noob on this post. whats a flat jackplate? and how do i remove the nut? and also replace with a new one?
sorry i just dont know how hahaa.
and thanks again guys for helping
you know where the hole for the jack is?
Get a flat piece of plastic that goes over it. It'd make the jack a bit more secure.

The nut, you want to tap it out VERY softly with a small piece of wood after scoring the edges to dislodge the finish.
You're going to want to adjust the nut by sanding the bottom and sides so you get the string as close to the first fret without buzzing.

All you have to do is glue it in with a small amount of superglue (not Elmer's superglue) - think 2 drops - and hold it for about a minute.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 18, 2009,
I know, but with my experience it's really easy for it to come loose.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
so all i do is get a peaice of wood and lightly tap it out?

and with the new one i sand it down so it doesnt get fret buzz?
the only question i have is how will i know when its right?
use a set of automotive feeler gauges set to the height of the 1st fret. When the slot is very slightly above the fret (use a string for this) then it's at the right height. Don't go too low though, or you'll get buzz.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden