I need an opinion on something, but first let me tell you about myself. My name is Silver, I'm 14 years old going 15 in a couple weeks.I go to a performing arts school for my passion, which is playing guitar. I started going to this art school just this year. Thats were my problem begins. I came to this school for music and so far the music program at least for the middle school is terrible. Its possible though that if i stick with it the high school could really get me for with becoming a musician. Yet I'm considering going back to my old school where all my friends are at and im atleast moderately popular. At this performing arts school it feels like I'm the only one serious about what i do and i get shunned for it. What do you think i should do, Stay here and possibly a huge head start in the music industry or go to where i would be happy but might not get as much training? Thanks for reading all this.. I hope you all can help.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster by Squire
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Nope. I'm far too honest.
I think you should stay where you are. If you're the only one that takes it seriously, that will show through your work and your progress. If music's what you really want to pursue, you need to have the best training available to you.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by KTFM
So, Silver. Did you choose Cyndaquil, Totodile or Chikorita?

but seriously, that's all I read and I apologise for the inappropriate post.

Damn you
Quote by MoshPitRock
I think you should stay where you are. If you're the only one that takes it seriously, that will show through your work and your progress. If music's what you really want to pursue, you need to have the best training available to you.

What I was going to say
Quote by KTFM

just an off topic reply really quick (please dont make this thread a conversation about pokemon) i choose chikorita actually
Gear:
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Well if you like Nirvana, as indicated by your avatar, musical training is not necessary. Just hard drugs.

I doubt a school dedicated to performing arts is going to be bad a teaching performing arts. Maybe you're just doing stuff that you think is worthless that will really help in the long run.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by OctoberWind
Well if you like Nirvana, as indicated by your avatar, musical training is not necessary. Just hard drugs.

I doubt a school dedicated to performing arts is going to be bad a teaching performing arts. Maybe you're just doing stuff that you think is worthless that will really help in the long run.

we are playing skip it Lou currently(and jingle bells and all those songs we have all learned on the recorder). Ive asked the teacher numerous times to suggest some books on music theory and chord structures and the such but he still hasnt replied.
Gear:
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Music is a risky business. I wish you good luck, but dedication comes from within, not just a school. If you are unhappy, and you have friends elsewhere, go back.

You are not even 15, so many things will change before you have to go to college and all. I'd say go back. Think well though, no one on the internet can decide what is best.
Quote by silverrock224
we are playing skip it Lou currently(and jingle bells and all those songs we have all learned on the recorder). Ive asked the teacher numerous times to suggest some books on music theory and chord structures and the such but he still hasnt replied.

There are a bunch of lessons here on UG at your disposal, read on up on some theory here. The teacher knows more than you and maybe there is a reason why that is all you are doing and why he hasn't told you about any music theory books or whatever. Like in The Karate Kid, he was learning karate the whole time haha

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
wait, I started highschool at 14. were you held back 2 years? this concerns me more than your problem, which I suggest you go back to reg. school of there are other musicians like you there. But if there aren't any, stay where you are
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by OctoberWind
There are a bunch of lessons here on UG at your disposal, read on up on some theory here. The teacher knows more than you and maybe there is a reason why that is all you are doing and why he hasn't told you about any music theory books or whatever. Like in The Karate Kid, he was learning karate the whole time haha

i dont like how that sounds but you have a very good point. i think... lol
Gear:
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Quote by Aerokizzombie
wait, I started highschool at 14. were you held back 2 years? this concerns me more than your problem, which I suggest you go back to reg. school of there are other musicians like you there. But if there aren't any, stay where you are

held back one year... but now im in all honors even when i was in regular schools so i think im good with the academics, but thx anyway.
Gear:
Ibanez Acoustic
Casio Keyboard
Line 6 Spider II
Zoom G2.1u pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Quote by Colohue
Quote by KTFM

I, for one, think that's an awesome name if that's what it really is.

And as for your question, if it's a performing arts school and no one takes it seriously, I'd be a little wary of it. But if you're still in middle school, then I'd stick it out. Middle school is possibly the worst time of your life all in all. High school should be better.
Quote by archangels666

I, for one, think that's an awesome name if that's what it really is.

same here, my names billy, it bores me
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by KTFM

In seriousness... Do what ever makes you happiest. Dont let your future get caught up in the present.
When In Doubt.... Whip it out!

Quote by zwart_gitaar
how do i searchbar?

Quote by Davo Ownz
No, you are right, I don't have a 20 meter stone dick. You are just a pathetic troll.

Xbox Gamertag: CREEP1NGxDEATH
Hit me up
So, the question is basically tits or destiny.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Stay there. In 10 years you wont even remember the humility of middle school or most of those friends anyways and then youll have that wonderful headstart for the future.

Just meet back up with your friends in high school.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Yeah definitely stay man, besides it's not like you can't go hang out with your friends from the other school on the weekends even if the kids at the arts school are pricks.
Listen to your heart Pedro, that's what I always do.
Quote by 2112pk
thank you for stoping this RIDICULOUS argument.
and standing on the side of truth.
but your princess is in another castle