Hey, I'm rebuilding my Epiphone SG Special now that I'm getting better and want a more narrowed sound. I want a sound like James Hetfield from Metallica. A real heavy sound. I'm thinking of getting Dave Mustaine pickups first, but i do not know what else to do to make this guitar into a raging metal monster lol. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks alot.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
A sonic maximizer is a good method of tightening up your sound and getting that extra bite.
OTT, any kind of high output passive or active pickups will help you get a bit closer.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
My amp is a Marshall MG15MSII.

And thanks I'll try messing with the eq.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Dood don't change yer pick-ups you can get some very heavy shit with stock SG pick-up just change yer amp and palm mute the hell out of it