I know its kinda taboo to talk about the radio as being good. But common, it can't be ALL bad lol.

Take for instance: 88.7 WNCW

so, must ALL radio be bad? This radio station is fantastic, its public, so no commercials, they play live recordings of bands with interviews, and are focused on bringing "indie," "eclectic" or local musicians (or just favorites that you don't necessarily hear on the radio like Jonny Lang, The Avett Bros, Mark Knopfler, Ryan Adams, etc)

so, this forum is about talking about radio in maybe a positive way for once:
Some local radio stations you enjoy listening to with links.
Something radio (good or otherwise) had led you to listen to that you really enjoyed.
Maybe what you would like to see in a radio station.
etc.
My iPod is commercial free and always plays what I want to hear, so radio = obsolete.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Good is subjective, and get Sirius XM if you want good radio. I don't use radio anymore, but back when I had XM I wore it out to death.
Quote by OctoberWind
My iPod is commercial free and always plays what I want to hear, so radio = obsolete.

this is generally how most people feel, especially cause mp3 players can be hooked up to most cars these days
Quote by InvaderTSN
The radio is pointless if you have a music playing device of some sort.

That being said, I listen to a classic rock station when I don't feel like putting headphones on.

I don't think its pointless at all, if you only listen to what you've already listened to, how do you know what else is out there? I mean, you could go searching for new music, but if you had a radio station that played good music, wouldn't that be much easier? lol.

Thats my point about the FANTASTIC radio station I posted, it has turned me on to I'd say... at least 17 new artists the entire time I've listened to it (which has only been a couple months since I only got it when I started college)
Quote by OctoberWind

I remember sitting through 20 minutes worth of commercial once. Worst experience ever. I felt like killing myself 10 minutes in.

Quote by nmitchell076
I don't think its pointless at all, if you only listen to what you've already listened to, how do you know what else is out there? I mean, you could go searching for new music, but if you had a radio station that played good music, wouldn't that be much easier? lol.

I got a Last.fm account, so music finding won't be hard for me. There's also the problem of radio stations around me playing crap music. Another problem is radio stations not telling you the name of the rare good song they play.
Last edited by InvaderTSN at Nov 17, 2009,
so, this forum is about talking about radio in maybe a positive way for once

youve taken over the entire forum?

EDIT: also does anyone find it to be more satisfying to hear a song you like come on the radio than on your ipod? or am i just wierd?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Last edited by ihavenoname93 at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by ihavenoname93
youve taken over the entire forum?

EDIT: also does anyone find it to be more satisfying to hear a song you like come on the radio than on your ipod? or am i just wierd?

I love it when a song I like comes on the radio because I think "OH MY GOD OTHER PEOPLE ARE HEARING IT TOO".
Poop.

Yes, poop.
The only radio i listen to is on the local rock station at midnight on Saturdays. There is a show called "the Witching hour" that plays real metal (all the major genres)for two hours. It's the only time i'll ever here Cannibal Corpse on the radio
Saying, "Good radio" is like saying "Military Intelligence", or "Modern Warfare 2 dedicated servers".
Quote by bendystraw
Saying, "Good radio" is like saying "Military Intelligence", or "Modern Warfare 2 dedicated servers".

I still hold that there are good stations, check out the one I posted, it steams.