Does anybody know and/or used the music site The Music King to buy their "Build Your Own Guitar" kit thing? I thought it'd be fun to get own and trick it out with my own pickups, paint, and stuff, but I'm so cheap, I can't even put 130 bucks...er, pounds, or whatever you want to call 'em, without some feedback. (That, of course, isn't theirs.) Anyway, here's the link, so look it up if you want and, even if you haven't bought one, tell me what you think!
doesnt look like theres much customizing... just buy it and put it together. for 130 i doubt its quality
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
Squier Acoustic << AWESOME
you could do it but if your not very experienced with wood work and all dont set your standards very high
i have never done it but it wont be a easy job
im repainting one of mine and thats not very easy
but it would be fun and who knows maybe it will turn out to be an amazing guitar
id try it
{[WD Punk]}
i don't know anything about these guitars other than they look nice when people put a good finish on them, but 130 pounds doesnt directly transfer to dollars. I think it's around 225 american dollars (i could be a bit off) plus international shipping, you be better off buying something used on ebay.
Yeah, I was thinking like that. I do electronics, so I guess I was just looking for a hardware/artistic challenge. I mean, I wasn't looking for Epiphone or Fender style quality, just something to try.
These are some of the best kits I have seen.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Heirloom-Guitar-Kit-1-Curly/H6082

You can also check Warmoth but I built some guitars using their parts and was not impressed at all.

http://www.warmoth.com/

Check Ebay one of my regulars got a great kit off Ebay. I have no clue what company it was but the parts were very well made. It was just the body and neck all the hardware and pups had to be bought separate but that is the way I prefer it.

John
Quote by johnro6659
These are some of the best kits I have seen.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Heirloom-Guitar-Kit-1-Curly/H6082

You can also check Warmoth but I built some guitars using their parts and was not impressed at all.

http://www.warmoth.com/

Check Ebay one of my regulars got a great kit off Ebay. I have no clue what company it was but the parts were very well made. It was just the body and neck all the hardware and pups had to be bought separate but that is the way I prefer it.

John

Man, those looked a lot less cheap then the ones I found, thanks a lot!!! I'll definitley lookem up when I'm free in an hour or two!! THANKS!!
Originally Posted by Bovaiveu:

This is my guitar. There are not many like it, and this one is mine. My guitar is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Me without my guitar, is useless. Need I say more?
I built mine. It was based on a Telecaster but with a bit more gibson style electrics. The hardest part was the neck and my advice would be to buy a neck. The one I made is slightly twisted (I'm planning on buying a new one) so at the moment I use it mostly for slide blues. I'll try and add a photo. There are a few books around on how to build guitars I'd recommend one by Melvin Hiscock.

Thrench
Attachments:
tele.jpg
Last edited by thrench at Nov 19, 2009,
Quote by divinorum69
Gear Building and Customizing forum will help you 10 times as much

You're right. It was kinda stupid to create a whole thread just for this, thanks

Quote by thrench
I built mine. It was based on a Telecaster but with a bit more gibson style electrics. The hardest part was the neck and my advice would be to buy a neck. The one I made is slightly twisted (I'm planning on buying a new one) so at the moment I use it mostly for slide blues. I'll try and add a photo. There are a few books around on how to build guitars I'd recommend one by Melvin Hiscock.

Thrench

Wow, you crafted that? I usually hate the body style on telecasters, but I'd love to have a guitar like that! Thanks for the book, I'll look it up...
Originally Posted by Bovaiveu:

This is my guitar. There are not many like it, and this one is mine. My guitar is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Me without my guitar, is useless. Need I say more?