I just recently got myself a carvin sx 300h witht he matching 4x12 and im pretty happy over all but i'm just not in love with the heavy distortion on channel one and i know you might say shoulda bought a different amp but that bridge has been crossed.

Anyway i'm looking for a good distortion pedal that can sit in front of a solid state halfstack and not screech and wail like a dying cat and add some low pounding metal distortion. think like trivium BFMV kinda heavy. Preferably under 100$.

Agile AL 2000 white chrome w/floyd
Jackson Dx10d Dinky with Swapped neck pup
Bugera 333-212

Peavey Vypyr 75

Don't buy solid state halfstacks?

Maybe a twin tube mayhem or something in that vain, although they arent cheap.

Maybe mod a Ds1 or a metal zone? The recto mod on the DS-1 is disgustipated, and the Diezel mod and the metal zone is actually half decent and it's cheap.
Quote by enselmis
The recto mod on the DS-1 is disgustipated

disgustipated?
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Umm don't want to be misunderstood i have the halfstack and am looking for a good heavy distortion pedal...

Agile AL 2000 white chrome w/floyd
Jackson Dx10d Dinky with Swapped neck pup
Bugera 333-212

Peavey Vypyr 75

get You a tube driven pedal for that solid state so it will have a nice crunch... I Like the Behringer VT999.. It will rock and will do even better with a better brand tube- its about $60 to $70 on fleebay...

cant beat tube Baby, you can get a few real tube pedals that are under a $100

people say the Bad Monkey too, but it tends to need a second distortion pedal for more punch... But thats not personal experience with them..
Tube driven pedals are generally a gimmick. There's no way that a £60 pedal runs hot enough to actually make use of that valve.

OD pedals like the bad monkey are there just to push the amp harder and tighten up, doubtfull it'll work too great through an SS amp though.
Last edited by beckyjc at Nov 18, 2009,
^ Generally, not always.

Look into a Mesa V-Twin or a Blackstar Dist-X. Both out of your price range, but they're probably the best choices.
Quote by Trivium2242
Umm don't want to be misunderstood i have the halfstack and am looking for a good heavy distortion pedal...

YoUR sIg coNFuZeZ thE FvCk OUt oF ME?