I'm finally commiting myself to buying a decent guitar. Although I don't want to go over $800 for my first decent guitar I'm sure I can find decent deals in my price range, right?

Things I'm looking for in a guitar:
H-H
Tremelo

that's...about all really.

Guitars I've had in mind are these:

Jackson KVX10 King V
Jackson DK2M

Ibanez RG??

ESP M1000

What would you guys suggest from this list or are there others more worth my money? I realize I'm beating a dead horse but I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks a lot.
i have an ibanez rga 121. i picked it up used for $650 and i think its a good guitar for a lot of style considering you didnt give us any. You'd have to do a pick up swap tho
121 is a fixed bridge isn't it? I like to play metal.

Black Sabbath, Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, etc etc...And sometimes dabble in Lynyrd Skynyrd. I am from the south after all.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Nov 17, 2009,
I like that guitar. I've heard good things about the Edge/ZR tremelos too. I might have to look into that. I think the only thing I really dislike about it is that it's a 22 fret. Can't lie though, I love love love the way the Wizard necks feel. Thank you.
Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
Used Ibanez rg1570 would be great

H-S-H!

Guys, what's the deal with the Dean Razorback DB Floyd Rose??? It seems too cheap to be good ($450).
That Jackson has been my main intrest so far actually.

You can't just say don't get the Dean without telling me why hahah.
Quote by NothingClever

Oh ok lol. The liscensed floyd on the dean absolutely sucks, the pickups suck, it's a (cheaply made) bolt on, set up is crap, feels really cheap, and ive played 2 of them. They both had severe issues.

Anyway, I really like that white DK2M

(^ the end of the world)
Last edited by Chase_Jarvis23 at Nov 17, 2009,
Ah I see. Being a big Dimebag fan myself I haven't really considered buying a Dean because it seems like they're riding on his back when his real stuff was played on a Washburn. Whole different subject altogether!

Thanks though, that Jackson is sharp.
Quote by NothingClever
Ah I see. Being a big Dimebag fan myself I haven't really considered buying a Dean because it seems like they're riding on his back when his real stuff was played on a Washburn. Whole different subject altogether!

Thanks though, that Jackson is sharp.

Also, that guitar would look REALLY cool with these strings: http://www.guitarcenter.com/DR-Strings-BKE-9-Black-Beauties-Coated-Electric-Guitar-Strings-102167418-i1122560.gc

(^ the end of the world)
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
Yeah but....COMMMON

come on what? I dont see the issue
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Well out of any of that I'd prefer 24 fret, but neck joint and active/passive pu doesn't matter to me much right now.

To be honest my only intentions are to play this guitar for about a year at most and have a Carvin built. All depends on my commitment to playing.
Last edited by NothingClever at Nov 18, 2009,
Sweet you've got such a wide range of guitars then probably a bit too much list but oh well

Washburn X50VPro
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
BC Rich ASM Pro

and then going used you've got now a shitload more options, best thing to do is head to guitar center and start nit picking at guitars and see what are the general options you want in the next guitar.
Quote by NothingClever

i agree, that DK2M is pretty sweet. it's prolly what i'd get.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I'd say an Ibanez 1550/1570 if you didn't mind H-S-H, but since you do, grab a Jackson. Great licensed Floyds and most of their mid-range stuff already comes with Duncans. Plus, they're made in Japan which is always a plus in my books.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...