Hi, Pit!

Yes, I've googled this, but I'm not really sure what the right option is...

I need a portable ac power source... I want to be able to plug something in in any location that I would normally plug into a power outlet in my home...

What is the best option for this? I only need to be able to plug in two or three things... They are flashes for photography in case anyone is wondering... Thanks for your help!

I found this already... http://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-XPower-Powerpack-Portable-Backup/dp/B000157TP8 Would it be good? It got fairly good reviews...?

Yeah, I guess I should specify that I would like something that I could charge in my home and then take with me when I go on a photo shoot...
Last edited by wamguy89 at Nov 17, 2009,
Anything like that should be fine, plus it has a few other handy features...Being that it is only for a flash... why would you need anything more? As long as you are in America or your equipment at least is made for the standard 120V.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Yeah, I guess I should specify that I would like something that I could charge in my home and then take with me when I go on a photo shoot...
Quote by littlephil
You guys do realise that most things battery = DC. TS wants an AC power source.

It has AC output. DC out would be pretty useless... how often would you use that?
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Quote by chaoticfables
I plug electrical things into my nostrils.

How does that work out for you? I was thinking of trying it, but I wasn't sure if it would be distracting in unfamiliar environments, etc. What do you think, though?
Well, if you're driving places, you could get one of those doodads that plugs into the cigarette-lighter-button-press-thingy and has an electrical outlet on the faceplate. Just bring an AC adapter.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.