I'm currently looking for a free vst plug-in that will give me a basic synth-string/orchestral sound. If anyone has any information on decent ones, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
DSK Stringz is pretty good for a free vst. I'd recommend you google up that.
There's an monophonic audio-to-synth VST called aliensolo.
You can play guitar leads and turn them into synthesizer leads.
IF you can get access to torrents... try and aquire edirol orchestral. AMAZING VST!
Top lel.
i am also using dsk strings. they have a choir plugin thats nice too.

free.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by the memory
IF you can get access to torrents... try and aquire edirol orchestral. AMAZING VST!

A.) don't pirate stuff
B.) if you are going to pirate stuff, don't pirate outdated second rate crap like Edirol Orchestral, you can do way way way better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by the memory
so err... whats "first rate crap" then

UK audio equipment prices
Quote by the memory
so err... whats "first rate crap" then

a lot of stuff, but I'm not going to give you a shopping list of stuff to pirate.

Last.fm
Not as if you'd want to anyway, most of the first rate orchestral stuff comes in at about 30 gig.
Quote by GisleAune
Free doesn't always mean bad.

for this it does, since all of the really good strings and whatnot are huge professionally recorded, sample libraries, which are never free (or cheap), you might be able to get some free mellotron stuff though, those aren't too bad TBH, but they do have a really distinct sound that screams MELLOTRON!.

Last.fm
dsk virtuouso has a preset which i cant recall the name of, but it is great for that in the back stringsound that beefs up the sound. it is also free.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
How would I get the simple midi sounds from Guitar Pro to create the sound in Reaper. I import the midi, but it obviously doesn't make sound without a certain VST plugin. Any help?