In the DBZ forums, they posted new updated pictures with the finalized design (New w headstock and everything).

Looks like the wait will finally be over

I'll be getting the Bird of Prey Sepulchre as soon as my dealer gets them, but damn I might regret not getting that Venom Watchers instead, but then again, that extra horn on the Bird of Prey closes the deal.
Guitars:
DBZ Bird of Prey Blood Red
Jose Feliciano Acoustic Guitar Debut Series Natural
Amp:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
intellitouch PT10 Tuner (Chromatic)
They look better than their original versions but still not my cup of tea.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Scutchington
They look better than their original versions but still not my cup of tea.

That's cool. I'm happy that there's a guitar for everyone though.

For me, the moment I saw the Bird of Prey at The Music Farm interview, I knew that it was the guitar that I've always wanted.
Guitars:
Amp:
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
Last edited by Biblico at Nov 17, 2009,
this is relevant to my interests... any news on the ESRP?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Those are actually real ****ing sexy. Any idea on the quality of them? They look to be great, but I know Dean's QC isn't the greatest, just wondering if it's the same for DBZ.
Gear:
LTD M-207 (Soon to be modded)
B.C. Rich Bronze Mockingbird
Jay TurSuhr Vintage Strat
Takamine EG561C
Randall RG50TC

GAS:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Tribal Green
they look cool for people are into those, but just looks like they are going to have SERIOUS balance issues...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I like the V, though I'd prefer it with a simpler finish, maybe trans black over flamed maple.
I think I like the old headstocks a little better... these would look great if they scaled them down a bit though, they look a little massive compared to the body. <-- And that's coming from a Dean fan!
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by ToneLabeouf
Those are actually real ****ing sexy. Any idea on the quality of them? They look to be great, but I know Dean's QC isn't the greatest, just wondering if it's the same for DBZ.

Dean Z. formed DBZ because of the QC issues at Dean Corp. He's promising nothing short of quality in his new company.

Quote by Slicer666
this is relevant to my interests... any news on the ESRP?

They go for about $1,000 right atm. It might go up a bit once it's finally released.

Note: Most dbz dealers already have the nongraphics (black and red) in stock.
Guitars:
Amp:
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
Last edited by Biblico at Nov 19, 2009,
I would be worried about the body/neck balance too. I'm not sure if it's gonna be a headdiver :/

I also have my concerns due to the lack of body around the pickups, so not a lot of tonal input from the wood?
I know they're using EMGs but still.
They'll have almost the same amount of wood around them like any other V-shaped guitar. I've already heard the DBZ Venoms and Halycons at a Black Label Society show (Dope plays them). They sound pretty brutal so I've got high expectations for the consumer models

Also Mr. Zelinsky didn't leave the company due to QC as he handpicked the factory were Korean Deans are made. He left due to the direction the company was wanting to head and didn't like the image they were trying to convey. Check out the newer model Deans to understand what I'm talking about
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
They'll have almost the same amount of wood around them like any other V-shaped guitar. I've already heard the DBZ Venoms and Halycons at a Black Label Society show (Dope plays them). They sound pretty brutal so I've got high expectations for the consumer models

Also Mr. Zelinsky didn't leave the company due to QC as he handpicked the factory were Korean Deans are made. He left due to the direction the company was wanting to head and didn't like the image they were trying to convey. Check out the newer model Deans to understand what I'm talking about

http://www.gear-vault.com/dean-zelinsky-leaves-dean-guitars/

Regarding Dean Guitars, Zelinsky says, “I can no longer attach my name to the reputation, quality and direction of Dean Guitars or its current objectives.”

You're forgiven
Guitars:
Amp:
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
i think these would be really cool without the graphics. i'll have to look for those... as for the ones with the graphics on them not my thing. but i really like the beveled edges around the body. really cool touch.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Biblico

In 2008, Dean left the company because of differences in marketing ideology and business direction. Zelinsky was also disenchanted with the company's decision to import guitars that did not live up to his original quality and playability standards.

If you've ever played a vintage Dean you would understand that above paragraph. Dean used to be a boutique guitar builder, pumping out only a few hundred a year. No two Chicago Deans are the same as they were built completely by hand without the use of computerized anything. All the necks have a different profile since they were completely shaped from eye without the use of a template. To produce guitars today that share the same standards would cost well over $3000 (check out the USA Dean Series, they're built similar to the vintage ones). Also the imports from DBZ are coming from the same factory as the Dean counterparts
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

i really lie the new dbz's only problem i have with em is that they come w/ emgs
Quote by Flux'D
In 2008, Dean left the company because of differences in marketing ideology and business direction. Zelinsky was also disenchanted with the company's decision to import guitars that did not live up to his original quality and playability standards.

If you've ever played a vintage Dean you would understand that above paragraph. Dean used to be a boutique guitar builder, pumping out only a few hundred a year. No two Chicago Deans are the same as they were built completely by hand without the use of computerized anything. All the necks have a different profile since they were completely shaped from eye without the use of a template. To produce guitars today that share the same standards would cost well over $3000 (check out the USA Dean Series, they're built similar to the vintage ones). Also the imports from DBZ are coming from the same factory as the Dean counterparts

Coming from a Dean endorsee...

(hope you don't mind that I'd take a BOP over a ML/razorback anyway, looks conserned )

Quote by dunkintate
i really lie the new dbz's only problem i have with em is that they come w/ emgs

Swap em out, and sell the EMG's. Should (almost) cover the cost of your new pickups
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Flux'D
Zelinsky was also disenchanted with the company's decision to import guitars that did not live up to his original quality and playability standards.

Like I said, you're forgiven

Also the imports from DBZ are coming from the same factory as the Dean counterparts

It doesn't matter where they are imported. What's important is that the quality control and supervision is kept tight.
Guitars:
Amp:
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
Last edited by Biblico at Nov 22, 2009,
Quote by Biblico
It doesn't matter where they are imported. What's important is that the quality control and supervision is kept tight.

That's the whole point, he wanted the same factory due to the QC they have. I was a fan of vintage Deans before I picked up my endorsement anyways haha. There's just something about the vintage models
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
That's the whole point, he wanted the same factory due to the QC they have. I was a fan of vintage Deans before I picked up my endorsement anyways haha. There's just something about the vintage models

Perhaps the vintage Deans were not the imports that he was dissatisfied with?
Guitars:
Amp:
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
All the older Deans were made in Chicago from 1976 to 1988 or thereabouts. Sry for the confusion, I shoved two ideas together into one paragraph thingy haha
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60