most horrible thing happened at a show, i believe the fuse to my amp blew. luckily it wasn't even a minute into the set, and the guys at the venue let me use theirs.

basically what happened was that the power cut off on my amp suddenly during a show, we tried to turn it on later and it only once gave a faint light before returning to its blackened LED state.

so my friend has concluded that its a problem with the switch or fuse, i'm thinking fuse....riiight? There was no popping sound, i've had the amp for 3 months and probably have played it no more then a month while using my practice amp for rehearsal.

Now another friend says i can pick up a fuse at radioshack or something as long as they have the same voltage rating etc. the fuse and rating are conveniently labeled and placed at the back of the amp. I believe my problem was setting the amp at 16 ohms rather then its defaulted 8 ohms.

TL;DR
amp mysteriously shut off during a gig, no popping, doesnt turn on. how i fix?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Fuses blow for a reason. You have bigger problems.

^beaten to it.

Go read BeerChurch's blog and familiarize yourself with the issues. My guess, is the tubes were not biased out of the factory. How old is this amp? New or used?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Your tubes might of gone out, I know that sometimes when tubes go they take the fuse with them. But if you blew a fuse then you blew it for a reason. Make sure you solve the problem before attempting it agian.

im very careful when it comes to using the amp >__>.
i always turn on/use standby when necessary and i dont even crank volume be it channel or master past like 5. what reasons are there for fuses blowing or giving out?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Fuses only go out for one reason, too much amps built up in the circut, causing it to overheat, thus, blowing the fuse. Thats usually cause by a short, which can typically happen if your tubes blow. Since the tubes are no longer a part of the load, the current travels the rest of the way extremly quickly(amps increase) and heats up extremly quickly. So the fuse blows to protect the circut. So check your tubes, its the most likely cluprit.
bugera tubes aren't the most top of the line set in the world, check your tubes, now would prolly be a good time to upgrade aswell.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by nivlarama
im very careful when it comes to using the amp >__>.
i always turn on/use standby when necessary and i dont even crank volume be it channel or master past like 5. what reasons are there for fuses blowing or giving out?

yeah, but if the factory has miss-biased your tubes it won't help.. Bugera have had a lot of customers complayning about their tubes going dead. In many cases that's because your tubes either receive too much or not enough voltage. And since you've treaten your baby nicely this would be a sensible conclusion.
You can bias your tubes your self (check out BeerChurch's methode), but if you're not familier with it, I would recomend that you send it back to the factory, and make them fix it for you. But this might take some time..
Member of Bugera Users Militia
- Ibanez JPM P3 (John Petrucci Signature)
- Bugera 333XL 212
- MXR Phase 90 EVH
- Electro Harmonix Memory Boy
Sounds like a tube or wiring issue to me. Maybe get a guitar tech to check it out?

Honestly.. i don't see why people bother with bugeras.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
Sounds like a tube or wiring issue to me. Maybe get a guitar tech to check it out?

Honestly.. i don't see why people bother with bugeras.

where else can you get an all tube 120 watt amp for $500?? not to mention they sound awesome.

anywho, as i stated it's known the tubes are cheap, so odds are you blew a tube. a replacement set can be had pretty cheap.

Or return it, i've heard nothing but good things about Bugera's return policy.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's