So this song is one of my favorites by John Mayer. But I could never find the bass line, granted i didn't look too hard but still. I wrote my own to it. But I kinda brought the bass to a forefront position, or at least I think I did. I'm a bit worried I may have metaphorically "raped" the song with the bass. I just want your opinions on it.

You'll need Guitar Pro to see the file.

I don't think this belongs in Original Recording seeing how it's not necessarily a cover, and it sure as hell isn't original, and it's not a recording. This is focused simply on changing a bass line in a song and getting feedback.

Thank you
Attachments:
Slow Dancing Arrangement.gp5
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
This is the best thing about music: You have the freedom to interpret a song however you wish. I almost never play written bass lines. I learn the chords and improvise a bass line based off of them.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
That's true. And it's always nice to interpret the song for yourself.

So 75 views of my thread. One response. What did you think of it?
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.