What's this? Another thread started by me about pickups?

Yeah, well since the last one kind of got run down because of my amp at the time, I decided to do another one.
It is not the MG anymore, and I'm not going to say anything about my current set up.

So, my question is; What are some characteristics of the Dimarzio PAF Pro and Breed Neck pickups?

What are some of the differences between them?

I've heard that the Breed had PAF qualities and I know that the PAF Pro was a big 90s shred pickup (i.e. Paul Gilbert).

Nothing else, no "how will it work with this pickup or this amp".
Well the amp is an important aspect of tone. It would definitely help if we knew. Did you upgrade to a spider?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

The Paf Pro is a little less "hot" a little more of a Vowel or wah sound when played. I feel like it is smoother personally, and I much prefer it. The Breed is a little hotter, a little more "focused" at least I would say, and doesn't seem to offer as much bottom end.

I played both....And I am sticking with the Paf Pro....it is just a great pickup
Quote by salsawords
Well the amp is an important aspect of tone. It would definitely help if we knew. Did you upgrade to a spider?

Funny...

I want to know the tonal differences in a general atmosphere. Which one's hotter, which one has bad highs or lows or great highs and lows.

More than that, obviously, but just imagine: same guitar, same amp, same settings, same room temperature. How are they different? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
Depending on what the same guitar, amp settings and room temperature is. You won't really notice if its more mid ranged or treble on an mg or a spider.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Dehydrated Wate
I want to know the tonal differences in a general atmosphere. Which one's hotter, which one has bad highs or lows or great highs and lows.

Go on the website and look homes. The website gives you the exact data you're looking for, has a few paragraphs and list of players for each one, and even has a pickup selector function and sounds bits of each to help you choose. If you can't pick a pickup with all the resources and info that DiMarzio gives you, I doubt you'll find anything on here that will make or break your decision, especially if you aren't going to give people the info they ask for.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Quote by xstillspinninx
Go on the website and look homes. The website gives you the exact data you're looking for, has a few paragraphs and list of players for each one, and even has a pickup selector function and sounds bits of each to help you choose. If you can't pick a pickup with all the resources and info that DiMarzio gives you, I doubt you'll find anything on here that will make or break your decision, especially if you aren't going to give people the info they ask for.

Dimarzio.com is the 3rd most visited site on my computer. I've seen and listened to everything on that site and I know who plays what. What I'm looking for is any info they're going to keep off of their site like ,say, anything bad.

If you want a guitar talk about just think of a basswood RG.

And my amp is not an MG or Spider... I've learned my lesson.