Ok, in two days time I'll be playing in a variety show. Due to our town's laziness we haven't found the time to actually get a band together. I was thinking of playing Everlong by the Foo Fighters, but seeing as how all I have is electric I thought that simply playing the song's rhythm section would work well with the vocals.

What I need from you guys, are some suggestions on how to make this go by smoothly. Would moving around the stage add some presence or would I just look douche-y? Any help is needed, nervous as shit.
If you aren't going on first and there are other musical acts, try to get an idea of what other people are doing, and add +1 awesomeness to it.

If you get what I mean.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
I don't really think this song allows for much moving around. But you have to REALLY get into it on the chorus. I'm not sure if you want to do a slow version or a heavy rock version. This song can kind of go both ways. I'd advise a heavier rock version as the slow version is kind of boring, in my opinion. Build it up though. Start off kind of slow and as you go into the first and 2nd chorus (i think there's only two before the breakdown) just get progressively more into it and louder. Then once you get to that breakdown before the outro chorus, you have to be moving around a lot, get yourself psyched and once you start singing the vocals, step it up a notch.

It's kind of hard to explain it in text, I've actually theorized how I would play it as it's a song I was going to learn for a friend. Therefore I know how I would play it. The way you play it really depends on what you want out of it. But I think if you get into it and just have fun and get psyched as the song progresses it'll go over amazingly and you'll have a lot of fun...
2 days away and still haven't decided what song to do?

And how do you blame your "town's laziness" on not getting a band together? Pretty sure that's your responsibility, not the towns.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB

And how do you blame your "town's laziness" on not getting a band together? Pretty sure that's your responsibility, not the towns.

Brilliant!

Unemployment surges in Las Vegas... DAMN you Las Vegas!
There's crime in LA... ALL the cops must be dirty!
Godzilla strikes NY... WTF is the mayor doing about this?

I can't find bandmates... F'n Lazy Town!

I need to find someone to blame shit on

OP, one dude rocking out looks stupid... always.
Do an acoustic version. That way it'll look like you INTENDED to do a solo set.
Quote by AlanHB

This.
What is it with all the people booking gigs without actually being prepared for them?
I see threads like that all the time.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by AlanHB

There's really nothing I can add to this.

... other than to say it's now down to a day and a half.

tick ... tick ... tick
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by AlanHB

I've had the song for a while, ****, I was just asking what I should do to cover the fact that this is my first time playing in front of people. I didn't really expect a lot of cynical bullshit to come of this thread.

As far as laziness, I have found numerous people who wanna try shit out. Unfortunately it doesn't always work. The guy that wants to try drums was willing to have a garage sale to buy a cheap set. He said that 6 months ago, and still bitches about how he doesn't have a kit.
Guy that wanted to play bass doesn't actually care enough to pick one up.

The only people who seem that they'd be reliable are in a city about two hours away. Seems a bit of a distance.
Quote by Pyrotechie
I've had the song for a while, ****, I was just asking what I should do to cover the fact that this is my first time playing in front of people. I didn't really expect a lot of cynical bullshit to come of this thread.

If this is your first time playing, and it's solo, play the song that you know the most, one that you've practiced so much that you don't have to think about it when you're playing. That way you can play off muscle memory and not screw up due to nerves.

Also, play acoustic. It's very hard to get a good sound out of a solo electric guitar, and would be near impossible if this is your first time playing live.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud