Hay, can anyone one suggest a new bridge pickup for my LTD MH-50? I play metal and grindcore. Suggestions?
Budget and amp?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
budget is around 200-300. I play a randall RX 120D with the RX412 cab.
I've heard great things about Bareknuckle Pickups. I suggest looking into some of those. I haven't used them, so I can't give you many details. I've just heard that they are amazing.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Invader's aren't liked, supposedly they sound great in some woods and not in others. Anyway I'd say change your amp first mate, pickups can make a difference but imo large factor of your tone comes from your amp.
i would use your money that your gonna buy pickups with to buy a new guitar ....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Rogue Hermit
I've heard great things about Bareknuckle Pickups. I suggest looking into some of those. I haven't used them, so I can't give you many details. I've just heard that they are amazing.

This, I've heard great things from them, there very round and booming sounding, just what ever metal artist wants in his tone.
Blackouts AHB-2
EMG 81, 85, or 60
Duncan SH-6

^ all very good

All have their applications
You'll want passive pickups, grindcore has more bass than a bassist, a Duncan Invader or an awesome Dean Time Capsule, which I heard, in demo, sounds like it is very bassy as well.

However, I have heard great stuff, really really good stuff, about Bareknuckle pickups, mainly their Nailbomb or Warpig for anything from blues to grindcore (ironic, eh?)

I want some Nailbombs in my guitar, or time capsules.
Last edited by Banana Wedgie at Nov 18, 2009,
DiMarzio superdistortion passive pickups. Nice fat, bottom heavy and nice treble.
well i want to replace my old pickups and i can't choose which pickups should i use.i play almost every style,i play thrash metal,metalcore,power metal,melodic death metal etc.Also except from metal i play also rock.i need a good clean and distortion sound.I have search emg and s duncan and i liked the sound of 81/85,h4/h4a and AHB-1.Which pickup will suit best to all the genres that i play?I will appreciate your help very much!!
Quote by Tony1994
well i want to replace my old pickups and i can't choose which pickups should i use.i play almost every style,i play thrash metal,metalcore,power metal,melodic death metal etc.Also except from metal i play also rock.i need a good clean and distortion sound.I have search emg and s duncan and i liked the sound of 81/85,h4/h4a and AHB-1.Which pickup will suit best to all the genres that i play?I will appreciate your help very much!!

WTF !?!!! Start your own thread .... =.=
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.