I've been looking for a specific guitar for a few months now, but I Haven't found any. Two came in at my local Guitar Center, but both were bought as soon as they hit the shelves. They came in at different times, but the times were relatively close to each other for such a "Rare" model, if it is rare.

I haven't found it, but, it was a dean, and it had the ML shape, it had what looked like humbuckers, probably stock dean pickups, but they weren't EMG's nor did they have covers, 2 tone knobs and a volume knob, no whammy bar, string through bridge, angel wing head stock, sound pretty basic? I know, BUT, they were both lime green. My favorite color, the wood wasn't green, the guitars had actually been painted in a matte lime green that was just epic to me. At first I thought, since the guitars were used, that they simply had been painted by some guy, until I saw multiple models in the store. Does anyone know of a Dean ML that came in lime? Pure matte lime. No design?
Go into your local guitar center and ask?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Go to:

http://www.deanguitars.com/home.php

Then into products - electric

Scroll down to the ML section, click USA Time Capsule ML. Scroll down till you see green.

Is it that?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Nov 18, 2009,
Quote by Chrisiphone
Go into your local guitar center and ask?

I've literally just moved 6 hours away, so that's not an option. There isn't even a Guitar Center where I live now.

Quote by pigeonmafia
Go to:

http://www.deanguitars.com/home.php

Then into products - electric

Scroll down to the ML section, click USA Time Capsule ML. Scroll down till you see green.

Is it that?

No, I saw that guitar when I was looking for the one in question, and that one is EPIC also, but this one didn't have green wood finish, it was simply matte green, no wood was visible. I believe the wood had been painted over, as one of the models was chipped on the end, and you could see a plain deep brown wood core under the paint.

Thanks for trying though.
Dean is infamous for releasing strange color/hardware combinations on their instruments. I'm only responding to this post because I saw a lemon yellow ML at a local guitar shop in Southern Indiana. It was an MLXP that had standard hardware and whatnot, just a freakin' awesome color. Your best bet is to check Ebay regularly until you see one pop up. There was a Safety Orange ML pass by a few weeks ago

Was the guitar a bolt on neck? If so I bet it was an MLX or even MLXP

EDIT: They're called forked headstocks. Since it sounds like you're planning on getting your wings, you should know the proper term for such things
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Nov 18, 2009,
They also had a single lemon yellow one also that was exactly like the green!
Looking at MLXP's these were the models I saw, as unlike the MLX's they didn't have zebra pick-ups.

Thanks!
I guess it's just a long way to ebay now.
Guitar Center is carrying a few exclusive DEAN MLs in hot neon colors. I have only seen two colors so far. These are the same as the DEAN ML x Probably the least expensive DEANs out there. I have one of the DEAN MLx guitars and to my surprise it is a pretty good guitar for under $200.00 even the DEAN stock pups had a decent sound but I did swap them out with a set of higher end DEAN pups. Cons are they are pretty light and neck heavy. Pros they are inexpensive. decent tone, play well.

John
Here's a yellow one I just found on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DEAN-LIMITED-ML-X-BANANA-YELLOW-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ310181922226QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item48384885b2

Also I've never had problems with an ML being neck heavy
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Meh thats it!
Exact guitar I saw next to the green ones, they were all the same model, except 2 were green, and one was that banana yellow.

MUST...
GET....
MONEY...

We have a dean dealer over here, actually, its about 5 minutes away walking, so hopefully if I can wake up (at any point in the day actually) Ill go over there and hound them for a job and spend all the money on these neon colored mlx's
They're pretty cool, the one I played wasn't a bad guitar (None of the MLX's are too terrible, they've got nice necks.) I wish the MLXP came in these cool colors and had black body binding though
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

^That description is completely wrong they gave with the guitar. It's a Paulownia body (not Mahogany) and it has Grover tuners, not no-name diecasts. Granted it would be ballin' if it was Mahogany, but it's not. At least it's got some great tuners
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Have you trie dlooking up the Washburn ML, I know that it came up in the lime green when I typed that in, as opposed to the blank results when I typed in 'Dean ML'
You just necrobumped this thread from 2009
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60